Chapter 12

A/N- This book is almost done! *sniff sniff* Only 1 more chapters and an epilogue. I might start another book after this book is completed. Would any of you read it? It's about a girl. That's all I'm going to say! Ok I'll stop because none of you are probably even reading this! To the next chapter! ->

We're here, I thought as we pulled up to the place where the Olympic trials were taking place.

I was ready! I was going to make it to the Olympics and win a gold medal and have my face on cereal boxes! You can do it Lindy! I believe in you Lindy! It's now or never! Let's go Lindy!

My Dad interrupted my inner pep talk "Lindy lets go!"

You might be wondering why mom wasn't with us.

«Flashback»

"Hey Mom I'm home!" I dropped my bags by the floor and walked in the kitchen. "Mom?"

On the kitchen table was a letter and divorce papers.

Dear Troye and kids

Always remember that I love you very much, and I always will. Lindy don't make the same mistake I did  it wasn't worth it. Win the Olympics for me. I'm sorry but it's true. I just feel used and I cant take it anymore. Goodbye.

Love, Mom

«Flasback Ends»

We found out later she moved to Canada and became a gymnastics coach. She got re married too. Has a step son named James or something like that. Dad was sad at first but I think we all got over it. That's why she was acting weird the last month or so.

"Good luck Lindy Lou" Carter smiled.

"Thanks Carter!" I hugged him, then my Dad and ran off to meet with my coach.

"Ready Lindy?" She squeezed my shoulder and we headed to the locker room. I was starting to get nervous but I just had to tell myself this was just a pretend meet in my home gym.

"Hi!" I looked over to see this little girl who looked to be about 10.

"Hi" I said, she looked so young!

"I'm Savannah! Are you competing?" Savannah looked like she was about to burst with happiness.

"Yeah I'm competing." I grabbed my bag.

"I am too! Come on I'll walk you out! Are you nervous?" The bubbly girl grabbed my hand.

"You know, actually I am nervous!" I smiled at my new friend.

"Oh you'll be fine! I promise!"

Just then we walked out to the arena. The bright lights blinded me and I started to panic. The crowd was huge and I knew I would not be able to focus when it was time for my routines.

Savannah saw my worried face and asked "You okay?"

I took a deep breath.

"To be honest, I don't think I can do this"