Chapter 17 - I Love You, Kitty

Start from the beginning

She took his arm with a sidelong glance at her man - a man Kit recognized, someone Devlin should not be affronting like this.

What's he thinking?

They swept out of the nightclub, Kit trailing behind them.

The minute they got through the front door, Devlin was leading the strawberry blonde to the couch, one arm around her waist while his other hand cradled hers, not even looking back at Kit. 

He had been silent during the entire drive and now he coaxed her to sit down on his lap, her back pressing into his chest. She tried to twist around to kiss him and he placed a hand on her throat, holding her still. 

Devlin smiled and crooked his finger, beckoning Kit over.

"Kitty," he purred. "Do continue what you started in the club." 

His other pale, tattooed hand caressed her collarbone, and he kissed her neck slowly, smiling at Kit. 

This is bad. 

Did he really just want a threesome? Kit felt tension hang in the air - this could get ugly with even one small misstep. The problem was, he didn't know what the right steps were. 

He sat down on the couch and crawled over to the girl, uncomfortable in his tight pantyhose and the playsuit, so thin he almost could't feel it on his skin. 

Better play along...

The girl - he didn't even know her name - looked more relaxed than he was, and slid her hands up to cup his face, drawing him in for a kiss. Kit placed one hand on her waist and one on Devlin's chest behind her, slotting his thin, lithe body against her soft yielding one. 

Devlin pushed the wrap dress off her shoulders and Kit kissed her bared skin, moving down to kiss her peaked, tan nipples - swirling his tongue around them, sucking lightly. He glanced up at Devlin, who was  still kissing her neck, and moved his hands slowly up her things. 

She gave a little sound of pleasure and leaned her head back. 

Devlin grinned maliciously at Kit, flashing fangs, and a spike of fear shot though him. 

"No!" Kit yelled just as Devlin drew his lips back and plunged his sharp pointed teeth half an inch into her exposed neck.

She yelped in surprise and her body jerked - but Devlin's arms had tightened like vices and when he withdrew his face light red blood squirted from the deep puncture wounds. Kit felt all the colour drain from his face when it dawned on him that Devlin had ruptured her carotid artery. 

He surged up, one hand pressing against the rushing blood and the other shoving Devlin back.

The girl's hands flailed, hitting Kit's body and pushing him away, while the vampire laughed. He dragged down Kit's hand, away from where crimson blood was squirting out between his fingers, and drove his fangs into her shoulder.

She screamed - high and wailing, thrashing and kicking as he bit her again and again.

One of her kicks hit Kit in the stomach and he flew off the couch. He stumbled up and wrapped his fingers around Devlin's neck, yanking back, trying to wedge between them.

"Don't, Don't - you don't have to, please stop - Stop!!!" he chanted, pleaded, ordered, while the red liquid flowed out to soak Devlin's shirt, then the couch, dripping onto the floor... 

Her sharp screams turned into gurgling wails and still Kit fought, hands slick, to pry Devlin loose, to yank out his hair, break his nose, his grip -