Johnny

Requested by joh_fam

Friends.

Next to family, friends are considered to be great blessings to anyone. They can be anyone; your siblings from another parent, your soulmates, your runaway person, your human diaryㅡyou name it. They're like the blooming flowers in winter and in summer, continuing to bring you hope anytime, anywhere.

Stella values her friend a lot. She appreciates her and gives everything she has, even to the point that there's nothing left for herself. Her friend is really fun to be with, she loves her a lot. All along she thought her fragile heart is safe in the hands of her very best friend but that's the biggest mistake she ever had.

Unfortunately, friends can break your heart too.

Just then she realized how toxic their friendship was all along. Friends are supposed to help each other grow but Mira would be jealous of Stella everytime she achieves something. Instead of supporting her on things she love, Mina would discourage her because she fears of having Stella way ahead of her. Mira just think about herself, nothing else.

The sudden mistreatment of her bestfriend was a big shock to her. Who wouldn't be surprise? When all of a sudden she stopped talking to her, even blabbering nonsensical things about her behind her back and spread rumors that are clearly not true about her.

"You know what?" Stella asked Mira with all the courage she has. "I valued you the most. I accepted you even if you have a trashy attitude but now I regret I did that."

She then left her bestfriendㅡex-bestfriend rather. Ending the toxic friendship with Mira made her sigh in relief but still it was painful.

Stella made her way to the cafeteria. It was such a relief that there wasn't much students staying there and as she sat down on one of the chairs, Stella shut her eyes closed, swearing under her breath. It was her way of preventing the tears from falling and while she was on the process of doing so, a tall guy, who saw everything, decided to approach her.

He stood in front of Stella, quite amazed on how she still didn't feel his presence. However, he jumped back a little when she suddenly sighed loudly.

"That scared me." Stella opened her eyes at the sound of the voice. Right before her eyes stood Johnny who has his hand over his chest.

"Hey Johnny." She greeted, squinting her eyes at the tall guy. "What brings you here?"

"Nothing, just saw you." He answered. "Mind if I sit with you?"

"Go on, the chair's not mine."

Johnny took two cans of cold coffee from his bag, handing Stella the other one. She mumbled a small thank you as she wrapped her palms around the coffee. Another sigh left her, causing Johnny to reach out his long arms and ruffle her hair.

"You've been sighing a lot." He said. "Spill it out, Stella. My ears are up for some gossip."

"Seriously? Gossip?" She chuckled. "You sound like a girl."

"Yes." Johnny flipped his imaginary long hair. "Hot gossips for a hot guy like me."

"You're unbelievable."

"Well, I'm Johnny." He smiled. "Now what?"

With another sigh she started to told him the story. "You remember Mira?" Johnny nodded. "I just ended up our friendship. Literally just a few minutes before you came."

"Really?" He gasped dramatically. "Why did it took you so long?"

"Johnny!"

"Just kidding." He said. "But why are you so affected about it? We all know she's kind of a biㅡ I mean, a witch."

"She's my bestfriend."

"Wow I feel betrayed." Johnny pouted, causing Stella to look at him weirdly.

"I'm trying to be serious here." She said.

"I'm trying to ease your burdens." He said back.

Stella stayed silent for a while and heaved another sigh before letting her thoughts out. "I wonder what did I do wrong. I feel like it's my faultㅡeverything's my fault."

"You did nothing wrong, Stella, and it's not your fault." Johnny assured her. "If you think it's wrong to end your friendship then that's where you're wrong. Ending a toxic friendship will always be the right thing to do. You even did yourself a favor because if you continued to stay by Mira's side, you'll end up hurting yourself even more."

Hearing out Johnny's words, tears formed on Stella's eyes. It was really comforting and it was the words she needed to hear the most.

"Don't worry." Johnny winked at her. "You still have the super amazing Johnny by your side."

"The one who loves to hear hot gossips." She shuckled as she wiped her tears.

"Hey what's wrong with wanting to hear gossips?" Johnny asked, offended. "It entertains me to hear about childish stuffs done by adults. Like how two girls scream and slap each other because this certain guy two-timed them."

"Johnnyㅡ"

"Really, it's fun to hear those things." He continued. "I even have the video of the recent issue going around."

"Which one?" Johnny fished out his phone and showed her the video.

"Taeyong being slapped by a junior." Johnny laughed, causing Stella to laugh as well. "Man, that scene is award-winning."

"You're so rude to Taeyong."

"I'm not." Johnny defended. "I got myself 20 dollars because of it." With the confused look of Stella, Johnny chuckled. "The group made a bet over and look, I won. Should we go grab ice cream afterclass?"

"Your treat?"

"Of course." Johnny smiled and patted Stella's head. "Just don't think much about what happened today. You did nothing wrong and I'm proud of you for getting yourself out of such a risky friendship."

"Thank you, Johnny." Stella smiled back. "Really thank you."

"No worries. Also, you're welcome to join our gang, the guys actually like you but just make sure you're always up for a bet."

"If I went bankrupt because of you, I'll sue you."

"We'll be out of your sight before you even reach the police." Johnny laughed. "We're good at escaping."

And throughout the day, Johnny kept on making her laugh proving the fact that he could take all the sadness away.