Unless you were someone as deeply demented and twisted as Player 2, that is. Someone as sane and perfect at first glance. Someone who appeared more sociopathic with every look. Someone who sacrificed friends and enemies for eternal life. Someone who believed they were above normal life. And they were, in a strange way. They had completed over 30 murders and no one had come close to catching them. They were a god in all but name. 

They were going to complete the game.

Koopa was residing in his quiet place, a room under the grand staircase that he'd stumbled upon when watching Pauline. It was a cramped room, only designed to house coats and winter gear, yet Koopa enjoyed the size of it. It meant only he could be in here, by himself. Koopa was in no way claustrophobic, so the cupboard was perfect in every way for him. It meant he could listen in on conversations around him without being caught. He was stealthy, no one had ever or would ever catch him. 

He listened in on Peach and Rosalina arguing over something stupid. As much as he hated the princesses for excluding him from everything, they were his favourite people to listen to. Their prim and proper voices and curt language intrigued him. He was so used to drawling accents and slang. The only people in Bowser's army who had spoke as clearly as the princesses did, were Waluigi and Boo. Koopa hardly ever spoke, he just liked it when other people did. However, he hated people who talked too much. People who talked too much had a death wish.

Quiet was what the world needed. Fancy technology and all that shit was unnecessary. Things were figured out by listening and being quiet for once. Maybe this was why Koopa was a smart man, or maybe he was just a genius. Maybe neither, maybe both. He let out a quiet sigh and slumped back against the sloped wall. The princesses' argument had ceased and had become a friendly conversation. How could people not hold a grudge against those who they argue with? Weaklings, Koopa thought. 

He shut his eyes and thought of how the world would be if he had been given a chance.

Peach nervously walked through the twisty maze of dimly lit corridors to the room that Koopa had claimed as his. She felt her palms grow sweaty beneath her gloves. She was nervous. Koopa was a person you didn't want to get on the wrong side of. A Glock would be pressed against your temple and you'd say your last goodbyes if you messed up with Koopa. She knocked on the bullet-hole riddled door, praying that he wouldn't be there and she could just leave and forget about her stupid idea. Fate was not on her side. Koopa opened the door, a lighter in one hand and an unlit cigarette in the other. He looked wary of her, was the first thing she noticed. 

"Whaddya want?" he asked, his words sharp, his tone indicating no-nonsense. She gulped, regretting ever coming here to ask for his help.

"I want you to watch Rosalina." she blurted out, biting her lip and wringing her hands together. 

"I do that already. Why ya want me to watch her for you, princess? If there was somethin' shady going on with her, I'd know about it." he said, leaning against the doorframe and lighting his cigarette, making her stomach turn. She hated cigarettes. She would say something about smoking, but this guy could help her so she had to be polite.

"She's creeping me out. A lot. I'm pretty sure she's the person who creeps around outside my bedroom at night." Peach confessed, consciously looking over her shoulder to check if the star queen was somehow there. She knew she was being paranoid, of course Rosalina wasn't going to be there. 

"Creepin' outside your room? Yikes. I'll do some investigating, princess. Anyone else you want me to check up on? Dixie, Ludwig, Mario?" Koopa questioned, dragging on his cigarette and exhaling a cloud of smoke into the room behind him. The mention of Ludwig's name brought back what Iggy had told her the night before. She gasped.

"Ludwig! Iggy warned me. Oh God! Yes, watch Ludwig! I have to go!" she said, tearing off down the hallway in search of the only remaining koopaling. She'd completely forgotten about him. About Iggy's frantic information exchange. She hammered on the door. Still locked. Iggy had locked it. Iggy had the key. Iggy was dead. The key was lost now. Her heart began pounding. She felt lightheaded. Her breathing became fast and panicked.

"Ludwig!" she screeched, grabbing a lightweight coffee table and smashing the lock. The door drifted open to reveal a room containing no people. She let out a long breath and slumped down against the doorframe, her head in her hands. Ludwig was on the run. His brother had ratted him out and now he was going to kill them all immediately. Someone sat down next to her and whispered in her ear two words that made something click in her brain.

"The vents."

Sorry for depriving you guys of updates for so long!

Hint: Player 2 has an 'A' in their name