13

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So you two are okay, now?" Ray asked and Gerard nodded.
"Good. Mikey is still a little pissed at you, but I'm sure he'll get over it."

"I hope so." Gerard sighed.
"We need to get back to practicing. We have the concert in New York next week."

"You'll be fine." I smiled and my phone buzzed. I looked at the texts from the unknown number.

Hey Y/N
It's Lyn-Z
Coffee?

Sure
Café by Belleville park?

Sounds great
See you soon

"Who ya texting?" Frank asked and I put my phone in my pocket, after adding her as a contact.

"I'm going to meet Lyndsey." I stood up and Gerard's eyes widened.

"Is everything okay? Is she okay? Why did she text you and not me?" He asked quickly and I rolled my eyes.

"Because last time she tried to talk to you, you stormed out on us." Guilt covered his face.
"Everything is fine. I'm meeting her at the coffee shop by the park."

"Oh, okay." Gerard said almost disappointedly.
"Tell her I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, I will, but you know you're going to have to sit down and talk with her about this." He nodded his head and kissed my cheek, seemingly surprising Frank and Ray.

"Wait, what? I thought you guys were friends?" Frank asked.

"We are." Gerard smirked.
"Friends with benefits."

"Ew! Nope!" I announced, standing up.
"Sorry, Gee, it's over."

"But, babe!" He said dramatically, reaching out, but not quite reaching me.
"Don't leave me!"

"Sorry, baby, I don't do commitment." I replied and Gerard fell off the couch, onto his knees and I laughed.
"You're falling for me, again, sugar?"

"I hate you." He stood up and kissed my nose.

"So are you together? I'm really fucking confused?" Frank asked.

"Y/N, you wanna be my girlfriend?" Gerard asked.

"Only if you wanna be my boyfriend." I shrugged.

"Awesome!" Gerard fist bumped the air and I rolled my eyes.
"Yes, we're together."

"Don't tell Mikey, though, he's way too invested in getting us together." I added and Gerard snorted.

"Yeah, okay." Ray shook his head. The door opened and Mikey and Bob walked in.

"I'll see you in a bit. I've got a coffee date." I winked and Gerard shook his head. I left the house, saying a quick hello to Mikey and Bob, before walking the short distance to the café. It was almost empty in there and I saw the familiar face of Lyndsey sat in the corner. I got myself a drink, paying for it using some money Gerard had given me 'just in case'.
"Hey, what's up?" I sat down opposite her.

"Hey, nothing much. I just wanted to get to know you a bit, I guess." She smiled.

"Gerard is sorry about the other day. Everything has been a bit of a mess recently and it was a little overwhelming, I guess." I sipped my drink and she nodded.

"I get it, I should have told him." She sighed.

"You has your reasons." I smiled.
"So what do you want to know? I mean, ask me anything."

"Anything?" I nodded.
"Are you and Gerard dating or am I just reading into it to much?"

"We are, is that awkward for you?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Of course not! I'm glad someone is gonna be there to look after him, you know." She said, looking down.

"Hey, I'm looking after you too. I'm one call away and I'll meet you. Anytime, anywhere." She laughed slightly.

"You're too nice." I shrugged.
"Uh, can I ask you a favour? It's kind of an awkward one."

"Shoot."

"The doctors think I'll survive the pregnancy, but not long after it." She said, her voice shaking slightly.
"Gerard was my friend, before he was my partner and I know he's gonna take my death hard. He's sensitive when it comes to losing people and I need to know there's gonna be someone who's gonna make sure the baby is okay. I know Mikey will look out for Gerard without a second thought, but I can't stand the idea of my baby being put in care or anything like that."

"Are you asking me to look after your baby?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Not forever, but I know a lot of kids get out into bad homes and you've just got out of a coma-"

"Don't worry." I interrupted and she looked at me with watery eyes.
"I promise, I'll look after him or her. And Gerard. And Mikey. And whoever the Hell needs it."