Ugh, I blame Benkei. He keeps teasing me about looking masculine. I can never feel secure in a skirt because every time I look in a mirror, I think, "What's with this crossdresser?"

Turning to look at Arisu once more, her gaze is aimed toward a... music instrument store? I did hear that she was turned down by the Music Club. I'm wouldn't be surprised to know that she plays the violin or something. She looks like the type.

"You wanna try out one of them?" I ask, inching closer. "I'm sure the store owner will let you."

She declines. But I know she ain't honest. I drag her to the store, though she desperately tries to pull away.

"Yo!" I wave at the clerk. "My friend here wants to try out one of these instruments, you don't mind if she does?"

He shoots an awkward look at me. "Uh, sorry, but no touching. These things are fragile, we can't just let anyone touch them."

Arisu is hiding behind me. Am I a terrible friend for bringing her such embarrassment? Nevertheless...

"Just once, my friend here's a pro! She's actually interested in purchasing one of these things. But you've gotta test them before you buy. Right?" I look at her.

She's... giving me a nasty glare, mouth all pouty. Letting out a gentle sigh, she puffs a cheek and glances to her left. That's a grand piano...

"The piano!" I state. "She wants to try the piano."

He groans. "Fine...! But if it breaks, you're paying for it on the spot."

I push her to it, grinning as she covers her face in shame. As she sits on the black bench, she opens it up and places her fingers on the keys. Her breaths are sporadic, like she's hyperventilating. Biting her lips, she closes her eyes shut. It's like she's isolating herself from the world...

It's best to give her space. I back away in an attempt to lift the weight off her shoulders.

Through the reflection of the jet black piano, I see a smile make its way on her face. At that instance, her fingers push the keys in superfluous motion, moving so fast yet so accurately. She's pushing those keys faster than I can see!

That caught me off guard... Really off-guard. I didn't think she was... this good.

Arms moving like waves guided by the tides of music, body swaying in complete harmony of the piece, she has entered her own world. She's not even looking. She's playing that song perfectly without the slightest glance...

The song is fast, yet hearing it makes me feel relaxed. It sounds familiar, but I don't exactly know what it is...

"Chopin's Minute Waltz." Why, thank you, expository store clerk! "I must say, you weren't lying about her being a pro." He strokes his chin. "She has good sense. You can tell by the way she moves that she's following the rhythm as she goes. Of course, good as she sounds, she's just following the song to the letter." A slimy smirk emerges. "A true musician relays their personal touch onto every piece, the same way a dog marks their territory."

Is he saying that she should shit on the song?

With finesse, she hits the final notes on the song perfectly. The clerk doesn't even stop to clap before he blurts out, "Quite impressive. That piano's seven hundred thousand yen, you like it? We can arrange deliveries within a week and—"

Arisu's jaw is just flapping up and down as she faces him, it's like she's about to have another panic attack. Looks like I've gotta step in again.

"She'll think about it later, but I guess it's on her mind for now!" I take her by the shoulders and pull her away from him. "We'll come again!" We won't. "See you soon!"