Chapter 6

Chapter 6: "And yet, to me, it carried the weight of a mountain."

The final bell rings. At that exact moment, the teacher simply ends her lecture and runs off without a word. It's almost like she isn't keen to teach us today and had other plans.

Now, onto the problem at hand...

Returning a bag shouldn't be too big a deal, right? But not only am I not fit to carry out such a simple task, the guy I have to meet is a total pervert!

"Arisu!" Like a ninja, Narukami-san appears out of nowhere. "Guess it's time to go back, eh? Are you staying in a dorm like most of us?"

I nod.

"That's great! Which one did they put you in?"

I quickly open up my bag and hand her a small notebook, opening it up to a certain page.

"Komari Dormhouse..." A smirk grows on her face. "What a coincidence." She grapples me around the neck and rubs her cheek against my head. "That's exactly where I've been staying at for the past few years! It's great to have another girl to join me there!"

Her grip is so strong... Is she really a girl?

Pulling back, she looks at me with sparkles in her eyes. "I'm so glad you're joining us! The only girls there are the warden and some weird, gun-obsessed girl! I think having you around would balance out the weirdness that goes on there."

Weirdness... What?

"I see." Looking back, I see a certain perverted man sitting on the desk behind me. "Looks like I'm lucky. I'll be living under the same roof as you now. Makes taking you home so much easier..."

Narukami-san's happy expression suddenly transitions to the coldest glare. "Satomi Benkei..." She shoots it at him. "If you try anything with this girl..." She raises a wooden katana (which I still don't know where she got) up and points it at him. "I will make you endure the pain of a million deaths."

"Such a pitiful number..."

"Want me to let you have a taste of the first one?"

"Come at m-"

Before he finishes his sentence, Narukami-san somehow closes the distance between them, swiping him on the face with such a harsh blow that he is sent across the classroom, only to crash against the windows so hard that all of them crack.

...

Yet, he's still alive. It's like an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. She can't be tied in terms of strength and he can't be tied in terms of defence! They're like born enemies!

"That's one..." Satomi-san utters as he climbs onto his feet, noticeably missing a few teeth. "Wanna hand over the other nine-hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine-hundred and ninety-nine ones?"

"Try me."

When I think about it, this isn't really slapstick comedy, it's more like a really cool battle shonen! I wonder when the training arcs begin.

"Never mind him." Narukami-san holds me by the wrist. "C'mon Arisu, just stick with me. I promise that I'll protect you against horny men like him." She raises her blade up as if it is a legendary sword. "This blade I hold in hand is not to smite evil, it's to defend the innocent from it!"

She sounds like a superhero...

"You, Arisu, are someone I consider worth protecting! You don't have to say a word!" She taps me on the forehead. "I'll be right there for you!" Pulling me up, she begins to drag me. "So I'll walk you home, okay?"