Chapter 22

Chapter 22: "The shit-eating smirk is begging for a punch...!"

I managed to avoid seeing her face for an entire day after it that happened. Of course, it's not like this track record can keep up. Oh no, our paths will cross once more. She's managed to be at every place I'm at, so I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow managed to run into one another again.

Great minds think alike. It's obvious she's seeking solace, and so am I. It's only natural that the both of us come to the same conclusion. And on our paths cross as we head to it.

I just have to think on my feet... Find the many possibilities that allow me to avoid her. It's not as hard as it sounds.

...

Frankly, I'm just afraid that she saw those...

The bell rings. Class sessions have ended.

"Okay, class, remember to finish up your homework." The teacher says, taking her books. "I'll see all of you tomorrow." She flinches for a moment. "Oops, I forgot tomorrow's a weekend! Well, should I give extra homework then?"

My peers respond with one simple word. "NO!"

Heh, you'd expect the first class to be full of diligent numbnuts who only want to do more work. But I guess even the smart ones can be lazy.

"Okay! Then please do all the exercises on page 18 and 19!"

And of course, those who teach others are destined to be sadistic in some form or another. I'll probably blow it off to the last minute. My weekends are rather busy anyway.

As the teacher makes her great getaway, the bickering start to arise. Bags packed, the others head out to wherever the hell they want to go. I merely stay put, waiting for the class to empty out before I make my move. I hate wading through people.

"Reiji."

I roll my eyes to see Yukino standing beside my desk, looking down at me with that condescending leer.

"What...?"

"We're heading to the clubroom. Now."

"Why?" I back away, pressing my back against my chair.

She strokes her hair. "According to schedule, we take some time after school to discuss affairs pertaining to the club. Since every member is supposed to be involved, you have to come too."

... That means I have to see her again. No thanks!

"Uh... I'm, uh, busy after this." I state, looking away from her.

"No you're not." She takes me by the wrist. "You're never busy. Come on, it won't take long."

"I'm serious!" Screaming, I hold onto my desk with the tips of my fingers. "There're a lot of things that I have to get done!"

"Don't be such a baby!" Yukino replies, tugging harder. "We only need ten minutes, tops. Even I have things to do after this. Be responsible!"

"I'm not gonna be responsible for a club I don't care for!"

"I don't care if you don't care about it! You're a member and you're coming with me!"

My fingers slip.

Shit.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alone once again in this clubroom, what bliss. Papers piled before me, it's elating to know that I've finally finished going through them.

Why must I be appointed president? The logic behind it is full of fallacy. It is akin to appointing a homeless man as the CEO of a big company. He isn't able to lead the company to success and would most likely make it crumble to its foundations.