Chapter Eighteen: Ruari

Start from the beginning

"M-ma... P-pa... t-they've come f-for me alpha..." A faint smile formed on her pale lips and I cried harder, gripped her hand harder. I'm afraid to let her go.

Leanne took in one last shuddering breath and then she was gone. I gathered her small lifeless frame in my arms and rocked back and forth. She's too young. She had her whole life ahead of her. Why did it have to be her?

"Don't touch her!" I snarled angrily when someone tried to pry her body from my arms.

Bran backed off immediately and signaled the others to do the same. I was too grief stricken to care how crazed I looked and sounded. I buried my face on Leanne's lush red hair, embedding her strawberry scent to my memory. I have to remember everything I could about her. I have to do it for Cale. He wouldn't understand the loss now but he would want to know. In time he would ask about her and he deserves to know everything I could tell him about his sister.

I carried Leanne's body back to the pack house. I asked a woman to clean and dress her properly before I turned to Bran and ordered him to fetch the man we brought back. I sat on a chair beside the bed. Clean and dressed like she was, I could pretend Leanne was just sleeping.

But she isn't, is she? Those bastards killed her in cold blood. They left her hurt and bleeding on the ground waiting for someone to find her. How scared was she during those last moments? How much did it hurt to die?

I stared at her lifeless form and waited.

"Alpha," Bran said from the doorway with the black haired man bound and standing warily in front of him.

I stood and motioned for them to come inside. The man took one look at the Leanne and paled, recognition flashing in his eyes.

"Sit," I told him. "You know her?"

He eyed me cautiously before responding. "I was a member of her old pack, Silver Gate. Her father was the alpha. He banished me a year ago."

I nodded. It's no wonder Leanne have been strong. She had alpha blood in her veins. And now the only survivor of Silver Gate pack and the last of their bloodline is Cale. The man in front of me was a rogue from their old pack before he joined the raiders. He's more valuable than I thought.

I moved to stand behind the chair and placed a hand over the man's shoulder. He immediately tensed under my touch and I could feel the frightful beat of his pulse beneath my fingers. Good. Fear often induces people to reveal their most intimate secrets.

"How old she is?" I asked putting a little pressure on my fingers.

"Thir... Four- fourteen!" He stuttered. "She was thirteen when I was still in the pack."

I noticed his eyes were darting from one side of the room to the other. It would focus on every detail inside save for Leanne's inert body. Aside from the first accidental glance, he was trying hard not to look at her again.

"Tell me her full name."

"Leanne..." He swallowed hard when my arm flexed. "Leanne Alexandra Wyatt."

"Very good." I patted his head like I would a dog.

Through the information he willingly provided and from the way he's acting I could easily formulate an intelligent guess as to what happened to Leanne's previous pack. And thinking about it made my vision blur, zeroing on the scum sitting in front of me.

Before I could think twice I grabbed his arm and pulled it back, pushing his shoulder blades forward, dislocating it from the socket with a resounding pop. He screamed in pain and tried to scramble away but I held fast, breaking it completely.

"Sit still or I'll rip your arm off!" I whispered harshly by his ear still grabbing his now useless arm.

"You told me if I give you what you want you won't make it painful for me!" He cried after I let him go. His shoulder and arm won't heal until the bone is pushed back. But I don't want him to heal, not yet.

I ignored his pathetic cries and grabbed the back of his neck .

"Look at her!" I ordered. When he didn't I dug my now extended nails on his neck until he was forced to.

"Take a good and long look before you think of lying to me." I growled. "Did you instigate the attack on Silver Gate pack?"

He squirmed but I held him tighter, I snatched his other arm and broke his wrist. If he doesn't talk quickly, he'd have two useless limbs before I'm done.

"Yes!" He cried closing his eyes. His head bowed in shame or defeat, I don't know and I don't care. "I did it! They kicked me out of the pack, disgraced me. I was the former beta's son. I wanted revenge. I lied to the master so he'd be interested in attacking a small pack like Silver Gate!"

I could kill him now. I want to kill him. Someone like him should not be allowed to live longer than necessary. But I can't, not yet...

I pulled him back, dragged him away from where Leanne's body lies, as far as the small room would allow. I shoved him hard on wall before pushing my forearm by his throat, slowly cutting off his air.

"Tell me about this master of yours."

"H-he's a c-collector! He c-collects supernatural b-beings." He gasped trying to push at my arm. "The more r-rare they are, the m-more he w-wants them."

"What's his name?" I asked giving him another hard shove.

"I d-don't know!" He choked out.

"Don't lie to me!" I snarled moving my arm but bringing my hand up to encircle his throat. "Tell me who he is!"

"I- s-swear I-I d-don't k-now!" He was clawing at my hand to make me release him, his nails scratching on my flesh. But instead of releasing him to take in air, I lifted him higher on the wall keeping him on his toes, completely at my mercy. "P-please..."

"Give me a name!" My eyes burned and leveled with his. "Give me a name and I swear I'd make it quick."

I have no intention of making him live. Not after what he told me. My whole body is starting to shake at the need for revenge. I intended to wait for Ciaran, to have him pass judgment on this sniveling piece of crap but I can't do it. Leanne's bloodied body was prominent on my mind. The sound of her last breath was the only thing I could hear. If I don't do this I wouldn't be able to face Cale. If I don't do this I'd go insane from the pain of watching an innocent girl die.

"G-Gideon Loch..." he whispered.

I lifted him off the wall, wrapped an arm around his head and snapped his neck.