Ch. 15 Sire Line

Klaus, Rory and Elijah walked together. They were following up a lead on Aurora Rory had gotten from the pack. Rory could tell she wasn't exactly welcome. Elijah and Klaus had had her on lockdown with Hayley and the kids just in case Aya changed her mind and wanted a heart that hadn't been dead for weeks. But given that they were going after Aurora, she had insisted on coming. Not to mention that Aurora also had the white oak and had almost killed Elijah during her and the Mikaelson brothers last run in.

"We could have handled this, Rory," Klaus said.

"Really? Because last time you handled it Elijah almost died. And I don't feel like having to tell my four year old that Mommy lied when she promised Daddy was going to be fine," Rory snapped. Klaus frowned.

"She's right. We do it together," Elijah said.

"Oh, yes. Let's group together a giant bullseye. I don't think so," Klaus grumbled.

Rory rolled her eyes. "If you see her, no monologues. Just kill her," she said as the three of them split up.

|

Rory entered an old train car that was used as a post office. She walked through it cautiously until she reached a cabinet. It was blocked by sticks and she could just barely hear breathing coming from inside with her supernatural hearing. She opened it and a desiccated vampire with it's mouth gagged fell out. "Lucien," she muttered.

She pulled the gag from his mouth and leaned him back against the cabinet. "Get Klaus out of here," he managed to tell her.

|

Rory didn't find her ex. Him and Elijah were kidnapped by the Strix before she could get there.

"I had no idea that Aya was gonna take Klaus and Elijah down," Marcel told her, once her and Lucien had returned to the compound. The vampire she had rescued was sitting on the couch, drinking a blood bag. "And, regardless, why the hell are we trusting this guy all of a sudden?" Marcel gestured to Lucien. "He's the one who ran off with Aurora the first chance he got."

"You can hardly fault a man for following his heart. And the moment she started raving about firing white oak into Klaus, well, words were said, hearts broken, veins drained," Lucien told them.

"And you're one to talk about trust," Rory told her supposed friend. "Who was it who handed my dead brother in-law's heart to the people who helped murder him?"

"I bought you and Hayley's lives with that heart. But hey, you know what, you called me here, so if you have another plan, please, let's hear it," Marcel said.

"It's simple. We storm the coven house and stop the Strix from completing the de-siring spell. Period," she snapped.

"Okay. Well, that's easy for you to say, you're not sired by anyone now, are you?" Marcel asked.

Rory glared.

"It's not just about de-siring. We've got to stop an execution," Lucien said.

"What are you talking about?" Marcel asked, stepping towards the vampire.

"A lovesick teenage witch with a runner up heart is somehow going to break the sire link? I'm sorry, your darling Davina is in over her head and Aya knows this. She will let Davina de-sire both brothers, then test the spell's success by firing a white oak bullet into Klaus' heart. It's win-win for her. If you live, Marcel, she's won. If not, at least she's eliminated the rival sire line. Including me," Lucien explained.