Chapter 28

Nicole.

"You really can't leave alone, can you?" I smirked, seeing the familiar creepy figure approaching me, rather quickly. "GIRLS, PROTECT HARRY!" I screamed as I jumped out of the way of a spell flung at me and rolled on my back to land back on my feet.

"Stay still!" He shouted, trying again, but as usual, I was one step ahead of him. I used my wand to, not deflect his spell, but catch it and fling it right back to him. 

When the spell hit, he was flung onto his back.

"When are you going to learn, that the Zambini line isn't for you?" He growled, rising to his feet then wave away someone behind me. With a quick glance I realized he was indicating to the other Deatheaters that I was his to finish.

"You're more stupid that I thought." I giggled, playing with my wand, looking around at the observing faces.

"Stupid?" He growled again.

"You'll need the back up." I smiled as the spells began to be exchanged. As I was deflecting and shooting spells towards this beast, I was slowly making my way towards him and once I got close enough I used some fallen ruble to climb onto of and as I jumped off the edge I flung my foot into his face, causing him to - once again - land on his back.

I landed directly on my feet and grinned at this pile of shit, only to glance to make sure the girls and Harry were okay, then as I faced Mister Zambini once more I stated, "You know, you make a lot of inappropriate jokes about women being on their back...when you spend an awful amount of time on yours."

"Thats what you think -" He started, jolting to his feet and attempting to sling a spell into me, only to have it deflected - but not by me.

Blasie stood there, firm.

Between me and his father.

"Blasie, get out of the fucking way!" He shouted, trying to intimidate him.

"No." He stated softly.

"What?!" Mister Zambini screamed.

"I said," Blasie cleared his throat and shouted. "No! This is where I belong Father, where I should have been the whole time. Between you and Nicole."

"Don't use her first name!" He hissed.

"He can, one of the few that can." I smirked, crossing my arms and turning around to see the fighting still going on, then turned my attention back to Blasie.

"I'm telling you for the last time Blasie...get the fuck out of the way - or die." He stated, raising his wand to Blasie's forehead.

I slowly started to make my way towards the two, and right as Mister Zambini opened his mouth to speak, I sprang into action.

It was almost as if it was all in slow motion.

I snatched Blasie by the collar and flung him backwards against he ground.

I stepped in his place as his father finished the spell and a bright green light flooded my vision.

A sting, starting on my collar bone, spread through my entire body.

Every muscle went weak.

The pain was too intense, I couldn't handle my vocal cords anymore and as an eruption was heard behind me, I screamed,

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

I collapsed to the ground, only to see another green light flash across my face and as the light went across my sky, my eyes followed it and it was a direct hit to Blasie's father, who fell, lifeless.

"Nicole!" Blasie shouted, but he sounded far away.

Very distant.

I slowly managed to get the strength to move my head from my left to the my right.

"Blasie..." I whispered, taking his face into my right hand.

"Nicole, stay with me..." He whimpered, taking my head and placing it in his lap.

"...where am I going?" I giggled, but it hurt too much. "Why does it hurt...?"

"Why aren't you dead?" He asked, in almost a whisper as his eyes traced every inch my body, but stopped right at my collar bone.

He took two fingers and lifted two necklaces that were wrapped around my neck.

I watched as Blasie's eyes glistened over as he realized I was wearing the cursive B  necklace he had given me, and he looked curiously at the other necklace that held  two tiny jars.

Blasie had a knowing gaze as he dropped them perfectly outside my shirt.

"El..." I whispered, attempting to move, but something was holding me down, an unseen force. "Ames..."

"Stay here, don't move...you were hit with one of the bad three babe..." Blasie explained and I could hear him choking up.

"Bad three?" was all I could manage to get out of my mouth. It felt as if I was just suck punched in the stomach, but ten times worse. "Blasie...I need....to....tell...you...something..."

"Nicole save you strength, you'll need it to heal." Blasie whimpered, trying not to cry.

"Blasie," I sighed, slowly. "we both know you can't heal from this type of spell." 

He frowned as I mustered up more strength to whisper,

"...i hate playing go fish, rummy and poker..."

Blasie froze for a moment confused then grinned slightly. "Our first date."

I smiled and nodded slowly.

"...but with you, I'd do it every day, all day..." I whispered, grabbing his hand. "Blasie..."

"Yes?" He asked, tightening his grip on my hand. 

"I..." I sighed, feeling my strength slowly fading from every ounce of my body. "love you..."

"I love you too." He whimpered and began to cry as my eyes fluttered a little. 

"I'm so sorry..." I sighed once more as Blasie kissed my forehead.  

I took in his soft warm lips for the last time as my eyes closed for the last time.

"NICOLE!" Blasie's heartbroken voice echoed over the clapping of Voldemort's death, turning that moment from a victorious one, to a moment of deathly silence.