Chapter 8

Amy.

"To start off," Mike smiled as we made sure we were a ways away from Jake and Elena. He opened his mouth to speak again, but we both jerked our attention to the house when we heard Nicole's voice echo off the trees.

I rolled my eyes.

Nicole was always on the defense, I don't blame her, but if it was serious, there'd be a spell being flung or a slap...

SLAP!

I nodded and turned back to Mike.

"As you were saying..." I smiled, hearing Nicole storm off the porch. Mike flashed a concerned gaze at me, and I just shook my head. "...trust me, she's fine. She has problems getting along with new people, especially new guys..."

Mike nodded and kept glancing behind me as he started speaking again. "To start off, let me get to know you a little so I can help you focus on what your center would be."

I nodded, feeling uneasy, but shrugged.

"Close your eyes." He ordered and began to fiddle with some tiny rocks he scraped off the ground. He began making that raddling noise with them and started to circle. me. "What is the first thought that pops in your head?"

"Those rocks are annoying," I stated, opening one of my eyes, catching his gorgeous smile. 

"Smartass." He smirked, shoving the rocks in his pocket. "Try again..."

I closed my eye and thought hard and nodded.

"...do you have a thought?" He asked, and when I responded with a nod he pushed, "Say it or describe it out loud."

"What seems to be, isn't what it is. The missing pieces of your heart will soon be healed back into place." I found slipping through my teeth and my eyes opened, wide.

"Interesting." Mike rose an eyebrow. "Not sure about that, but let us try this..." He smiled and beckoned me to follow him.

He lead the way through some thick bushes and skinny trees to an opening that had a creek stretched out in the middle of the clearing. I eyed the fat log that laid across it.

"So, this next attempt," He giggled, turning to me. "is there a person in your life that brings you peace?"

"No." I stated, without hesitation.

"No? Really?" Mike looked shocked. "No boyfriend, fiance, husband...girlfriend?"

"Are you actually trying to train me, or find out if I'm single?" I rose an eyebrow watching his face flush red. "Or find out if I'm gay or straight...? You went in different directions there."

"Can't it be both?" He smiled, and I felt my heart beat speed up a tad.

I felt a sudden wave of guilt as Ron flowed through my head.

He rose an eyebrow again and crossed his arms.

"Is there anyone that brings you absolute rage?" He grinned, as I felt my face flush red.

"Yes." I stated, crossing my arms this time. "A few..."

"...okay, who?" He started, pacing in front of the fat log.

"Voldemort, Deatheaters, Ronald Weasley -"

" - Weasley?" Mike squealed. "Potter's best mate?"

"How you do know him?" I asked, all of a sudden super suspicious. 

"Potter is a legend everywhere, sweetheart..." He winked, causing me to blush. "...everyone knows his best friends are Weasley and Granger...and you use to be one of them..."