Chapter 10

Nicole.

I watched slowly as I ran my finger along a shelf of books and stopped suddenly when the atmosphere in the room changed.

"You know, you really shouldn't even try..." I smirked, continuing to scan each title.

"...try what?" smirked Will sliding into the library with his arms crossed.

"Dissecting me," I answered, grabbing some books off the shelf and stacking them into a pile in my arms, letting them lean against my chest.

"You're fascinating though." He stated, raising an eyebrow as he watched me grab one more book off the shelf. "Why weren't you upset when they took Ella?"

"I don't know her," I stated, turning to him and adding the book to the pile. "Granted, I am upset, but I've learned not to show those type of emotion around them and -"

" - why?" Will grilled, looking irritated.

"When you're almost stabbed to death by your boyfriend's -" I paused and corrected myself with a pinch of heartache. " - ex-boyfriend's father...you learn a thing or two."

He shot me an unconvinced look, when I lifted my shirt to reveal the bandages, that actually needed to be replaced, his face dropped. 

"The girls and I have had our brush with them already," I explained, leaning against the pile of books. "so excuse us if we're on the defense, a lot. "

Will shrugged and took half the pile of books and started towards the door as I took the other half, "It's understandable, but you have to understand - in times like these -"

"- it's hard to trust anyone." I nodded as we entered their equivalent to our Great Hall, and almost dropped both piles of books to see Elena's wand against Jake's throat and Amy's in Mike's. "What the fuck guys?" I rolled my eyes as Will and I attempted to defuse the situation.

"They want the scrolls," stated Elena, glaring at Jake.

"I'll be honest, I did this because Elena rose her wand first..." shrugged Amy looking from Mike to myself. "...I like Mike, but I'll have your back quicker..." explained Amy, looking from myself to Elena then back to Mike, who just smiled.

"Look, Will and I were just talking about this shit," I growled, slapping both wands down. "In a time like this, we have can't trust many people at all. If they were really out to get us, they would have made Lestrange and them take us instead of Ella..."

Elena looked as if she had a flicker of understanding come over her face as she withdrew her wand and Amy followed her actions.

"Now," I sighed, looking back at Will, "I think its time we're honest with each other." 

Will rose an eyebrow and glanced over at Jake and Mike.

"Why?" smirked Jake, eyeing Elena.

"Look," sighed Will turning to the guys. "if we're going to hide and fight together, we need to know what the hell is going on...and be on their side," Will explained then turned to me outstretched his hand. "You guys are the dark trio that the legend speaks about, and we'll do what we can ensure you all come out of this alive."

I hesitated and glanced over at Elena and Amy, who both looked as hesitant as me. 

"Okay," I nodded, beginning to shake his hand, "on a few conditions."

"Which are?" smirked Jake, looking from Elena to myself.

"First, you need to know that the minute you guys double cross us..." I smirked, drawing my wand and pressing it against Will's throat. "...I'll fucking kill you."