Chapter 27

Elena.

We sprung from the safe room, wands drawn with tight grips to match our boiling anger with the flash of Mike's lifeless body running through heads.

"Let's fuck them up!" shouted Nicole as the three of us ducked from a purple and green spell being flung at us from either side of the corridors. "Fuck them up!" Nicole repeated, as she let Amy slide across her back and fling a green spell into the direction the purple spell came from.

"Nicole!" I shouted, as she slammed her back against mine, locking our arms together and she leaned forward as my legs began to kick wildly as a swarm of deatheaters attempted to surround us. 

Amy flung spell after spell, deflecting any sort of impact as we gave ourselves some room.

Once Nicole placed me back down on my feet, we heard a blood curling scream from down the corridor and it didn't sound that familiar really.

"Longbottom!" shouted Amy, as Nicole and I flung red spells in wide circles around the three of us, and with in minutes the entire swarm of deatheaters were leveled. 

"I'll go take care of him, I'll catch with you guys -" started Amy as I caught her arm.

"- Ames, you can't go alone." I started, but Nicole patted my back.

"She'll be fine," She stated, looking up at Amy "meet us in the courtyard as soon as you can!"

Nicole and I, with some hesitation, bolted down the corridor only to round a corner to face two dark figures. 

"Nicole -" I started, looking over, but she was frozen in midstep. I glared over in front of us and recognized the figures.

"Mum." I snarled, tracing her confrontational stance, slowly moving my eyes to my father. "Dad."

"El." My father growled slightly under his breath. "What the fuck is this?" He smirked, and thats when I realized he was the one holding Nicole in place. 

My adrenaline started pumping, the longer she was frozen like that in such an open space, the chances of someone else coming along and killing her was rising. 

"Let her go." I stated silently.

"I'm sorry, we can't hear you dear - you'll need to use you big girl voice - you know, since you're apparently mature enough to think you can choose sides." Mum put not so gently.

"Let her go!" I shouted, gripping my wand tighter as the spell remained.

"What are you going to do? Make us?" giggled Dad.

"Neither of you were around during any of my training, during any of my mission prep or even bothered to write me...now you think you can punish me for choosing for myself for once? You choose for me to be in Slytherin, you choose for me to be a Deatheater, YOU CHOOSE!" I screamed, causing the two to flinch at my high pitch throat crack.

"Don't talk to your mother like that." barked Dad, as I rolled my eyes and flung a spell against his chest, knocking him across the corridor and slamming him into a wall.

"Elena!" shouted Mum, drawing her wand and slinging a few spells in my direction as I defended not only myself, but the unconscious Nicole that had collapsed to the floor.

"Nicole." I whimpered a little as I kept deflecting spell after spell as Mum got closer and closer. I glanced over her shoulder to see my Dad was beginning to rise from the rubble I had created. "Fuck." I began to panic a little, looking around for an out.

I smiled when I realized one of the concrete fixtures that held a huge plant sat to my right and as my Mum reached the appropriate distance, I stopped deflecting her spells long enough to knock the plant off the fixture and then use another spell to not only lift the fixture but throw it directly into my Mum's torso.