“My parents are probably worried,” I whispered.

            “I doubt it. At least sit down and eat,” he said gesturing towards a chair.

            “Sure,” I said with a small smile as I sat down.

            “So about last night…,” he started.

            “Don’t. I’ll pay you back and I won’t call you again,” I said as I lowered my head.

            “I’m not worried about the money. I’m worried about you,” he said gently as he touched my hand.

            “You don’t have to be worried about me. I screwed up. Again. Next time I won’t drag you into it.”

            “I want you to. I like taking care of you,” he said sheepishly as his face flamed.

            “Why,” I asked looking into his shining green eyes.

            “I like you. I like knowing that I can help you,” he said with a shrug.

            “Helping me will only drag you down,” I told him.

            “I don’t think so. I think that maybe I can bring you up,” he said smiling again.

            “Plenty have tried and plenty have failed,” I said with a sigh.

            “Should that stop me from trying,” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yes,” I said as I let my face harden. I saw surprise flicker in his eyes.

            “Why,” he asked.

            “Because I said so. I’m going home,” I said as I jumped up and ran out of the room.

            “Wait,” he said as he caught up to me. I had just opened the door and he slammed it back.

            “No,” I said looking away.

            “Yes. Please don’t leave,” he begged as he touched my face.

            “I have to go home,” I said.

            “No. Stay with me for a little while,” he begged.

            “I…,” I started.

            “Please,” he asked close to my face. I could feel his minty breath on my face.

            “Noah,” was all I said as I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest. I snuggled into his warmth.

            “Is this a yes,” he asked in a husky voice.

            “Yes,” I said smiling into his chest.

            “Good. Let’s go watch TV or something,” he said as he pulled back. He grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers before pulling me away.