“Yeah for you but you weren’t the ones who was trying to convince the principle not to suspend your asses,” Carly grumbled rubbing her face.

“Admit it,” Liam said placing his chin on the head rest, “You found it funny.”

Carly couldn’t help the small smile that stretched across her lips.  She had to admit it, when she’d first heard about the incident she had laughed so hard she was in danger of dying from the lack of oxygen to her brain.  She had found it funny at the time, yes, but her laughter had quickly subsided when she heard a minute or so later that they were going to get suspended because of it.  And so she had raced to the Principals office, spending hours in there trying to convince him to drop the suspension.

 Although Carly never admitted it out loud she loved these three idiots.  They’ve been with her since the day they defended her against the class students.  They had stood at the front of the class, explaining to everyone how they thought her pink butterfly shirt Carly’s Dad had forced her into on her first day of Middle school was in fact cool rather than childish.  They made a point of sitting next to her and chatting with her all day.  They liked her and Carly found her friendship pool grow from a miserable zero to a satisfying three. 

Carly made it her life’s mission to make sure to help them out of any situation they were in.  Even if the situations she was pulling them out of included a cow on a field. 

 Carly pulled out her lip balm from her jeans pockets and applied it on her lips.  She rubbed her lips together and smacked them.  She looked up to see the rest of them staring at her with looks of disgust, “What?”  She asked.

“Please don’t do that in front of anyone,” Callum pleaded warily, “Otherwise we’d have to ignore your existence.”

Carly laughed, “Yeah right, you guys couldn’t ignore me even if your life depended on it.  And besides, I hate chapped lips,” She explained crossing her arms.

“Just please,” Liam said, “Tone it down with the lip balm.”

“Whatever,” She grumbled as she opened the door and climbed out.

The rest of them followed her actions and departed Callum’s car.  She stopped from going any further when she looked up at the school.  For some reason the brown brick work looked even more intimidating to Carly on that day.  She didn’t know if it was because she was breaking some major school rules or the fact of how she would be accepted by the school population because of her appearance.

“Are you guys sure no one will notice me?”  She asked carefully. 

Jasper looked down at her with a critical eye, before he smirked and ruffled her hair...wig, “You’ll be fine, no one is going to recognise you.” 

Carly looked up at him with her cheeks puffed out, the fringe covering her eye slightly, “You sure?”  She asked just to be certain.

Jasper bent down slightly to study her cute face, “Well when you make your face like that people are going to know,” Jasper mused.