☼ Net encounter [ten x hendery] ☼

In the cafeteria, hallways and during lunch period yesterday, Ten did not see Kunhang.

He found himself running to his elective just to see if the boy would be there, pouting after realizing he may never be seen again.

———

[Tuesday]

Volleyball starts today. Ten is at least excited for this one thing.

The volleyball coach- a fifty-something year old man with a shockingly fit body, is also a wrestling coach at WayHigh. Once 5pm hit, he began counting the heads of everyone in the gym. "Everyone sign in and grab the shirt color listed next to your name."

As Ten checked in, he simultaneously browsed the list for a Kunhang. He scanned the room in apprehension but realized that everyone around him were at most, familiar faces.

After several instructions from the coach, everyone split into their separate teams.
Still anxious but focused, Ten walked to the other side of the net and joined the blue team.

The coach tells a girl from the red team something and she jumps up and down in anticipation for the first round.

"I will be choosing thirteen players for the team," coach continued. There were currently seventeen people in the room. "The final team will be posted on Thursday."

"I'm back!" Yelled a loud voice towards the entrance. In walked a familiar face with a crate full of water bottles.

Ten, darted his eyes to the ground shyly after seeing Kunhang's slender silhouette.

Kunhang placed the heavy crate on the ground with ease and grabbed a red shirt from the bleachers, blindly throwing it on while walking. Ten lifted his head just enough to see him approaching the floor. He briefly stopped to shake hands with the girl coach was speaking with before searching for an open spot.

Hendery spotted Ten and stood directly across from him just over the net. He flashed a friendly smile and Ten reciprocated the gesture. They both fought to avoid longer gazes at one another.

***

Ten no longer had to fill in the boy's void with hallucinations. There in front of him was the handsome stranger from last week. He couldn't believe his eyes. He actually did transfer to Neo Culture Academy after all.

With a beating chest and growing excitement, Ten was more than ready to play Volleyball.