Chapter 23: Ciao.

Start from the beginning

Adam nods dismissively and look at his wristwatch. "I am going down for dinner and to check on some stuff."

Something is off. The way he's talking to me seems different. It wasn't like this in Miami. Now he's like the old mean Adam.

"Okay." I reply then start taking of my jacket.

"I want you to come with me." He mutters.

"Alright let me wash my hands."

He nods and I quickly go into my bedroom then enter the bathroom to wash and wipe my hands. I look at myself in the mirror.

I have only a little makeup on my face so I brush my hair, put on a Fenty lip gloss then wash my hands again.

I head out and see Adam waiting with a scowl on his face. What's going on with him?

"So do you want to do something tomorrow?We can go somewhere nice together and hang out and have fun." I suggest as we walk out of the suite door.

"I'm not here to have fun. I have two conference calls tomorrow and a meeting with some clients." He answers.

Okay....

"So is that why you came? Not because I'm here?" I ask once we reach the elevator.

He finally turns and his eyes meet mine. "Yes."

I look away from him and cross my arms over my chest with a soft frown. Why do I feel sad and disappointment?

I keep quiet as we go down and as we enter the restaurant, my eyes start looking around. Most people are dressed in fancy clothes while some are wearing casual clothes just like me.

I feel Adam's hand grasp mine and I instantly feel the tingles. I like having his hands on me but I know I shouldn't so I snatch my hand away. His head snaps to me but I don't look at him. Instead, I look straight ahead with a straight face and start walking. He catches up to me and we start walking side by side.

I see a lady wearing a green short dress heading towards us with a huge grin on her face. "Adam!" She exclaims and hugs him.

"Hey, Simone." He mutters and hugs her back.

She pulls away but keeps her hands on his shoulders. "It's great to see you, handsome. You look great."

Handsome? I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Thanks." Adam replies, taking her hands off his shoulders. "You look beautiful." He tells her then kisses her cheek.

Who is she?

And does he only give compliments when people do the same to him? Or does he not find me attractive at all? He has never giving me a compliment.

It's not that I want him to by the way.

Simone is pretty. She has a shoulder length raven black hair with nice grey eyes. Her face is covered with a very nice makeup that contours her face perfectly,

"Thank you." She gives Adam a flirtatious smile then her eyes drift to mine.

"Excuse my manners. I'm Simone, a friend of Adam's." She states, stretching out her hand.

I politely take her hand. "Amelia."

"And who are you?" She asks as she looks at me from head to toe.

I turn to Adam. I'm already in a bad mood because he is being cold and distant and now this friend of his is annoying me.

"She is my wife." He replies.