Chapter 6

No one's pov

Peter ran into the kitchen to find Ororo, Jean, Scott and Jubilee standing near the door. "What's going on? Are we having some sort of standing contest?" he asked.

"We're watching Kurt" Jubilee replied, pointing to the other side of the kitchen. Kurt was sitting in a chair at the table, head laying on the table, a frown on his face, eyes pointed down at the table and tail all droopy.

"Oh. What happened?" Peter asked. "We don't know. He's said nothing about what got him so sad but we think it has something to do with Lillian" Scott replied. As if on cue, Kurt let ouut a strangled cry, laying his face down on the table completly.

"That's probably a yes" Ororo stated. "Reminds me of someone who got rejected by their crush in those TV programmes" Peter stated before running over to Kurt.

"Hey there Blue. What's up?" Peter asked, leaning on the back of his chair. Kurt looked at him from the side with a sad gaze. "What happened? Did she reject you?" Peter asked.

"I don't vant to remember vhat Lillian said" Kurt replied, pulling his knees up to his chest and wrapping his tail around his legs. "Was it that bad?" Scott asked. Kurt let out a whimper.

Jean closed her eyes for a few seconds before covering her mouth in shock. "What did you see?" Jubilee asked.

"She called him a blue freak" Jean explained. "Oh Kurt. Your not a freak" Jubilee comforted, pulling Kurt into a hug. "It's more than just what she said isn't it?" Peter asked.

"Lillian hates me" Kurt wailed, tail dropping to the ground again and head tilted down. "Ahhh. You loved her and she said something nasty so you think she hates you. Classic movie trope" Peter explained.

Everyone looked at him. "Come on. You can't tell me that at least half of the romantic movies and TV shows that exist, there is a misunderstanding between the two or one of them is upset and lashes out at the other" Peter stated. Everyone just kept looking at him.

"Alright how about Kurt goes and talks to Lillian and then this will be resolved. She did storm off so she was probably upset about something. Maybe she didn't mean what she said and was just letting out her emotions annd Kurt was the target" Peter explained.

"That's a terrible i-" "I'll do it" Kurt interrupted Scott, bouncing to his feet. He bamfed away, leaving everyone else in the mansion.

Kurt's pov

I teleported around half the city before deciding that Lillian probably went back to her canyon. I teleported there and looked around.

It was very quite. I didn't see any animals and definitely no Lillian. 'Maybe she's in her cave' I thought. I bamfed onto the ledge and walked over to the cave, slipping into it.

"Lillian are you alright?" I called, looking around. I didn't hear a reply but I heard the sound of metal rattling. I walked deeper into the cave to find the source of the sound.

I found Lillian chained up with a cloth tied in her mouth. I ran over and untied the cloth. She shook her head then looked at me. "Kurt. You need to get out of here. Your not safe here" she told me.

"I'm here to help you" I objected. "You'll help me by leaving. Go" she told me. I didn't listen and tried to pull of the chains. It would have been very useful if Magneto was here but I guess that wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

While I was trying to break the chains andd failing, Lillian started yelling at me, telling me to leave. I refused.

Her yelling got louder and she started trying to push me away with her feet. I still refused to go and that was a mistake since something hit me on the back of the head, everything turning black.