Chapter 5

Lillian's pov

I sat in the living room with Kurt, Scott, Peter, Ororo, Jean and Jubilee. We were playing a game called Uno. Peter put down a card with 4 colours and a +4. "What does that do?" I asked. "Well. Summers here has to pick up four cards and I change the colour to red" Peter explained, smirking at Scott.

Scott looked at him, hand hovering over his glasses for a second before taking four cards from the deck. This kept up for a while before the professor rolled into the room.

"Lillian, can I talk to you?" he asked. I looked at him confused but got on my feet. I placed the cards face down on the table and walked out of the room with the professor.

He led me to Mr McCoy's lab as he looked up. "Ah Lillian" he said. I also saw Raven standing nearby. "What's going on? Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No. Your not in trouble. We just want to run some tests on you. Make sure that you're healthy" Mr McCoy replied, leading me to the table he has people lie on.

I sat down on the table, placing my hands in my lap. "Now Lillian. Can you tell mee everything you know about your mutation?" the professor asked, intertwining his fingers.

"Well, I can sense what's around me through vibrations, such as if something is unstable, where people might be hiding and so on. I can sense how people feel through the changes in their bodies by touching them and if I concentrate enough then I can make my vibrations into a weapon against enemies" I explained.

"And how does your sight and hearing play into this?" He asked as Mr McCoy attached something to my arm. "Well...... I could see when I was younger and when I first got my power but after a while of having it was when they began to fail" I explained.

"Alright Lillian. This should only hurt for a second" Mr McCoy explained, holding something sharp. "What do you mean?" I asked. He didn't reply and placed the sharp object against my arm.

I let out a loud cry of pain as everyone in the room looked at me. "Sorry. My pain receptors are heightened because of my power" I apologised.

"Its alright but can you tell me what you eat?" he asked. "Sandwiches" I replied simply. The professor furrowed his eyebrows.

"Professor, Raven. I got something" Mr McCoy called. They walked over while I looked from where I stood. "I had taken a sample of her power level and a few other things back when she first came here. That's what these scans show" he started, showing them some sheets.

"Now here's the scan from right now" he added, picking up a few sheets from the table. "The power level has increased way beyond what it should have in the span of a few weeks" Raven explained.

I just sat there confused. "We need to get Kurt" Raven added. The professor nodded and placed his fingers to his head. A few seconds later, Kurt appeared in the room. "Vhat is it professor?" Kurt asked, his tail bending slightly.

"Have you noticed anything different or unusual in that canyon over the last few weeks?" the professor asked. "Vell zhere is a man who brings the same food everyday" Kurt explains.

"He's not unusual. He's like my dad. He raised me from when I was a baby" I countered. The professor put his fingers to his head again, eyes closed.

He stayed like this for a few minutes before he opened his eyes again and let out a sigh. "This man does not seem like a good person. It's best you stay here instead. He's clearly doing something to you" the professor stated.

I began to get angry. They were saying that the one person who cared about me ally life was a bad person. How could they.

"What would you know. You don't know anything about either of us" I snapped, jumping to my feet and running out of the lap.

I didn't want to stay here. I had to go. I ran out of the building, ignoring the looks some of the students gave me.

The moment I stepped outside, I got drenched with rain water. I looked up, rain falling in my face before walking towards the main gates.

"Lillian! Vait" Kurt yelled, trying to catch up with me. "Leave me alone" I told him. "I vant to know if your alright" he stated, coming up behind me. I was still angry so I couldn't stop myself from saying what I did.

"Why should I tell you. Your just a blue freak that forced their way into my life" I snapped. Kurt's face instantly fell, looking like a kicked puppy as I turned around and made a run for it.

I ran until my legs hurt and I collapsed onto the ground, hugging my knees as I cried into them. After a while, I sensed someone approaching.

"Lillian" a familiar voice stated. I looked up. "Come on. It's about time we get you back home" he stated, pulling me up. I accepted as he led me away from the city.