"No siblings?" I shook my head and he nodded, satisfied.

I raised my eyebrows at him; he paused then sighed

"Okay, I'm letting you off the the hook...for now" he grinned,

"For now" I agreed, happy the interrogation was over.

"Because I want to show you one last thing," I said, glad to switch the topic to more comfortable spheres.

"What?" he asked, surprised

"My fetish" I grinned at him; leading the way.

I opened the door to my massive garage, flicking on the light.

For a moment he looked shocked as he took in his surroundings, then his expression seemed amused.

"Cars" he exclaimed looking at me

"Why I'm I not surprised" he giggled

Hearing Zhan laugh was truly a gift; I hardly heard it.

"Let's see, you got a Lamborghini, a Porsche, a Ferrari, an Audi R8, a Bugatti, an Aston Martin and two Ducati bikes" he said

"I'm impressed" he added, sarcasm clear in his voice. I chuckled pleased with his knowledge of automobiles.

He walked over to the Martin; I quietly followed,

"It's a Vanquish," he said softly, touching the hood

"I didn't notice"

Now I was shocked, he looked slightly emotional. What did this car mean to him?

He must've seen the confusion in my face because he took a deep breath.

"It was my dad's favourite car. He absolutely loved it" he smiled, but it looked pained.

"Was?" I noted the past tense,
"He died few years ago, cancer," he said clearing his voice.

Now it was my turn to feel remorseful, yet again I found myself fighting the need to hold him, comfort him.

"I'm sorry," I said, my voice laced with sincerity.

He closed his eyes and took another deep breath, he opened them and they were peaceful. I thought I heard him whisper "thank you" guess I was wrong.

"He used to tell me that he would one day take me on a ride in it" he laughed without humour

"If he was here, he would've been freaking out" he added drawing his hand back from the car.

I could see that he was close with his father, his death was still fresh in his mind; I realized we shared a common pain. But I would try to remedy his; people like him should not feel pain, it was utterly wrong.

"Well I'm not your dad," I said, grabbing the keys to the Martin from the key holder. "But I can surely take you on a ride" I opened the passenger door, gesturing for him to get in.

A strange emotion was in his eyes as he looked at me then smiled,

"I would love to" he said getting in the car. I closed his door and went over to my side. The sensor caught the sound of the car purring to life and the garage door automatically opened.

He watched me closely as I sped out of the estate in to the road heading to the city "Where are you taking me?"

"To the city, I'm going to show you Beijing like you've never seen before" I said smiling at him "you're not going to run on me, are you?" I teased.

"Would it make a difference if I did?" he said, I shook my head,

He sighed, "Well I'm not, I promised to stay and that's what I'll do"