Entire night

I didn't sleep all night, 8 hours later and I was still laying in my bed in the same position I was in 8 hours ago, as if I was paralysed.
"Mmm," Newt hummed when he woke up, " did stay awake all night?" I nodded.
"You have to get some rest," concern took over his voice as he sat up." I shook my head.
"I understand your grieving, we all are. But you can't just shut everything around you off. The glade needs you, Chuck needs you. I need you," he pleaded. I slowly sat up and my eyes watered.
"Okay," I whispered. I got out of bed and held onto Newt. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he copied my action. I rested my head on his chest,
"Let's go," He whispered. I nodded and we pulled apart but he kept one arm on my waist. Instead of having breakfast Newt and I walked to the sealed walls where Chuck was.
"Hi Y/N," I forced a smile to hide my deep emotions from him.
"They're gonna come back, Minho, Alby and Thomas are the strongest people I know." My heart shattered as Chuck said those words. I wanted to be optimistic like him but I just couldn't pretend anymore.
"They're not," I whispered.
"What. Yes they are Y/N! Don't say they're not coming back!" Tears formed in chucks eyes as he shouted at me. I stayed silent knowing that anything I'd say would break him. We waited for a few moments before the doors opened. Nothing, we saw nothing.
"I told you Chuck, I'm sorry but they're not coming back," I sighed. I was on the verge of tears when I left Newts arms and slowly walked away. The boys that had gathered us all soon copied my action and slowly left the open doors.
"No way," I heard. I stopped in my tracks but only turned when I heard Chuck shout,
"Yeah!" I squinted my eyes and almost had a heart attack when I saw them. Minho and Thomas were making their way to us with Alby in their arms.
"Oh my god!" I shouted. I ran to the maze and stopped when I was next to now beaming Chuck.
"Told," he smirked. Newt caught up to me and grabbed my hand, squeezing it. When they got to us they dropped Alby on the floor and crouched next to him. We all stood around them waiting to hear how they survived.
"You saw a Griever?" Chuck asked.
"Yeah I saw one," Thomas panted.
"He didn't just see one," Minho said, "he killed one." We all stared at Thomas in disbelief.
"Oh my god," I whispered from the back of the group of boys. Minho slowly got up and looked at me right in the eyes. Newt ordered the boys to get back to work, so I had my time to be with Minho and Thomas. Minho smirked at me when I approached him. I placed my hands on his face and moved them around, feeling the structure it was made in.
"Is this r-real?" I stuttered. He nodded and I felt tears sting my eyes. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and he held me close. I cried softly on his shoulder.
"I-I thought you were g-gone," I cried.
"Shhh Y/N. Shhh, I'm here. I'm here okay, it's okay,"he stoked my head, every boy in the glade knew that action calmed me down.
"I can't lose you. I can't lose my best friend," I sobbed.
"But you didn't. I'm alive," He soothed me. I pulled away from him and turned to Thomas, who was standing awkwardly watching us.
"Thanks to you," I whispered.
"Wha-" I tackled him into a hug before he could finish the word.
"Thank you, for helping Minho live, for saving Alby, for giving me a bit more hope," I smiled.
"Your welcome."

Gally had called a meeting in the homestead so we were all gathered around waiting to hear it. Newt had his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"Things are changing," Gally began, " first Ben gets stung in broad daylight, and the Alby. And now our greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze, which is a clear violation of our rules."
"But he killed a Griever," I argued.
"And saved Alby's life," Frypan added.
"Did he?" Gally narrowed his eyebrows at us, "for three years we have coexisted with these things, and now he's killed one of them," Gally pointed directly at Thomas. "Who knows what that could mean for us."
"It means there's a chance for us to get out!" I shouted.
"Well what do you suggest we do?" Newt asked.
"He has to be punished," Gally tried to reason.
"Woah woah woah!" Chuck shouted.
"What the hell is wrong with you!" I glared at him.
"Minho," Newts voice quieted everyone down, "you were in there with him what do you think?"
"I think," he sighed, "in all the time we've been here no one has ever killed a Griever before. When I turned tail and ran, this dumb shank stood behind to help Alby." We all turned to Thomas as Minho spoke.
"Look I don't know if he's brave, or stupid... but whatever it is we need more of it. I say we make him a runner." Multiple voices echoed through the room.
"What!"
"Thomas!"
"That's crazy." I was about to say something when we all heard something.
"The box," I whispered. We all ran outside and saw the box rising from the ground.
"Newt what's going on," I asked.
"I don't know love," he told me. Him and Gally opened the box and Newt jumped in.
"What is it?" I shouted. He looked up at me, "it's a girl." I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my on my face.
"I think she's dead. I'm sorry Y/N," he frowned and looked at me sympathetically. My heart dropped, "she's not awake but it doesn't mean she's dead, does it?" I asked myself. Suddenly I heard a loud breath and when I looked down she was awake.
"Thomas," she breathed before he eyes rolled to the back of her head and she was gone again. We all looked at Thomas but he seemed just as confused as the rest of us.
"Still think I'm overreacting?"