Chapter Nineteen; Wake Up, Riley!

~Riley*~

"Riley Love, this is the fourth time that I've come in here, you need to get up! Now!" My mother practically screamed, throwing open my door. I flinched as the handle slammed into the wall. I could hear her walking around my room, stomping past the bed and throwing open the curtains, letting light flood in. I curled my lip, pulling my blankets up over my head.

"Go. Away."

She huffed and I heard her move towards my bed. Bracing myself, I gripped my blankets tightly, just in time for her to grab them as well and attempt to rip them off of me.

"Seriously, Riley, I don't know what the hell has gotten into you but you need to get up." She panted, honestly surprising me with her strength. "It's nearly one o'clock! We have plans today and it's very important that you-,"

"Plans? You mean that stupid 'surprise' going away party that you, Marlowe, and Carson have been planning? For the move that I don't even want to go through? No thanks," I said nonchalantly, rolling my eyes. Deciding that the blankets weren't really necessary for me to just lie in bed, I reluctantly released them, causing my mother to stumble backwards after one rough tug. I smirked. "I'll stay right here."

My mother threw the blankets at the end of the bed, placing her hands on her hips. I didn't even have to look up to feel those eyes of hers on me. "Do you even realize how hard Marlowe and Carson have been working on this party for you? They've been planning it for months, trying to get everything perfect! And you are going to get up, shower, look presentable, and be appreciative. Either on your own or I can drag you out of bed and pull you down the stairs myself. Your choice."

"I don't want to go," I muttered, burying my face into my pillow. I gripped it tightly, feeling a knot in my stomach. "And I am up. I've been awake since six. I just... I don't want to get up."

"Since six? And you've just been laying here? Riley, what is going on with you? Are you okay? Are you sick?"

I didn't bother to reply and simply gripped my pillow tighter.

If you want the truth, no. I don't feel okay at all. Not in the slightest. In fact, I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest. I just feel so... broken. I can't tell if I feel like crying or throwing up.

I also feel so stupid. So, so stupid. I had somehow managed to convince myself that I had become just as special in his life as he had become in mine. I convinced myself that he had felt what I felt, that it was mutual.

A couple nights ago when I had gotten home from Abel's house, completely brokenhearted and feeling more alone than ever, I just went straight to bed. I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. The anger had worn off and the sadness completely set in. I sat awake, tossing and turning, wanting nothing more than to sleep and turn it off but I couldn't. I-I just kept waiting for him to call me. I was waiting for him to call in the middle of the night and tell me that he's sorry, that he made a mistake. I wanted him to call me and say that he wants to see me, so badly that he just couldn't wait for tomorrow and he's waiting right outside for me. I want him to say that he misses me too. I wanted to hear it so badly.

My thoughts wondered all night and I thought of all of the things that I wanted him to call me and say, or the things that I wish that I had said. There were so, so many things that were left unsaid, but at the end of the day, all I really wanted was just hear his voice.

I wanted him. To be near him, to hear him, just to know that he's okay. I was so sure that we connected so well. I was so sure that whatever it was that we had was the real deal. I feel so cheated.

"Riley?" My mother attempted again, pulling me from my thoughts. I sighed. Honestly, I doubt she'd even really care about my whole situation with Abel. If anything, she'd probably scream at me for being so stupid and ignoring her warnings. I shook my head, letting my eyes close.