Chapter Nine; Riley's Wild Side (Part Two)

~Abel*~

Much to my surprise, Riley let me hold his hand all the way until we got to Kala's house to drop off the car. Even more surprising, after I left the key in the spot Kala told me to and we began walking to my house, he let me hold it again.

He really caught me off guard tonight.

We spent nearly the whole day together and then after he leaves for an hour, calls me, and asks me to come pick him up again. It was something that I never would have expected to come from him. He used to flinch at even the slightest movement from me but here he was, holding my hand. I couldn't get him to stay for another hour just to cuddle with me and now, he's staying the night. Just the thought had my chest feeling strange. My stomach was in knots, my heart was fluttering, and I... Well, I just couldn't stop staring at him.

The way he smiled, the way he laughed, the way that he looked in those cute little glasses of his... Everything about him just enticed me.

Riley's perfect. He's so fun, so handsome, so lovingly down to earth, and just so... out of my league.

That familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach returned but I fought to suppress it. I didn't really like to think about it too much but in all honesty... it's true. He is totally out of my league. He deserved to have some pretty little girl on his arm, someone who would follow him to college, someone he could settle down with and have his parents approve of, someone who was worthy of him. That thought left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Abel, if you really think that then why are you still holding that picture over his head? Why don't you just let him go and live his life?'

The answer is because I don't want to.

It's as simple, and as complicated, as that.

We came to a stop in front of my house and I reached up, pressing a finger to my lips to let him know to stay silent. I pulled him over to the window leading into my bedroom and, much to my disappointment, released his hand, getting down on my knee. He quirked a brow at me.

"What are you doing?" He whispered and I rolled my eyes.

"You're not the only one who had to sneak out, kitten," I replied with a wink, patting my knee. "My mom is home tonight so the front door isn't really an option. We're going to have to sneak back in so I'll give you a boost, you climb in, and then you pull me in. Sound good?"

Hesitating, Riley nodded and reached up, grabbing hold of the window frame. Warily, as though he was afraid he was going to hurt me, he stepped onto my knee like it was a stair and hoisted himself up and through the window. Surprisingly, he didn't make much of a sound. Well, not anything that would attract attention. I hope.

Beaming, Riley peaked over the window, his hair falling into his face. I stood up, brushing myself off and looked up, my face a few inches from Riley's. He reached out for my hands, which I gladly gave him. "Alright, you're going to need to help me a little bit. Jump on the count of three. One... two..."

Unable to help myself, as soon as he got to three, I stood on my tip toes and pressed my lips to his. Surprised, he nearly let go of my hands. His eyes widened but he soon relaxed and leaned into the kiss until I eventually had to pull back just so that he didn't fall out of the window. I flashed him a smile and he stared at dreamily at me, almost like he was in a daze. Giving his hands a squeeze, I grinned, "Okay, one more time, on the count of three."

Shaking out of his stare, Riley nodded, his cheeks flushing a cute shade of pink, and quickly pulled me up. I swung my leg over the window and nearly fell in, which could have only ended badly, but thankfully, Mr. Muscles here caught me before I could.