Chapter Two; The Deal

I pulled into the small, rundown looking house in the middle of this rough neighborhood and glanced down at my phone just to make sure that I had followed the GPS correctly. Finally, seeing the name 'Mitchell' on the mailbox, I heaved a sigh, deciding that there was very little of a chance that the GPS would bring me to another house of the same name as Abel. I parked the truck in the empty driveway and slid out, glancing around.

The white paint on the house was chipping and the grass in the lawn was just about dead. The wood that created the porch had a slight green hue to it and the lawn chairs appeared to be broken. There were a few toys scattered around the lawn, along with a tire swing, and a few spare toy balls. I walked along the cracked sidewalk and up to the door, hesitantly raising my hand to knock. Almost as soon as I did, yelling erupted from inside.

I could hear the TV on, along with the voice of a child, and then a deep voice that I assumed was Abel's. All of a sudden, the door swung open, causing me to yelp, and revealed a small boy with golden hair, a Spiderman t-shirt, gray sweatpants, and eyes the color of melted chocolate. He looked at me curiously, cocking his head. Freckles dusted over his cheeks.

"Who are you?" He asked, furrowing his brows. I paused, glancing over him for some sign of an adult, but, not finding one, I looked back down to the young boy who was patiently waiting for my answer.

"I'm, uh, looking for Abel-,"

"What the hell have I told you about just opening the door like that?" Abel barked, rounding the corner, causing me to jump. My chest tightened. He dragged a hand through his hair, looking like he had just woken up. "I told you I was coming."

"You weren't coming fast enough," The boy huffed, crossing his arms. "What if he left?"

"What if we didn't know who he was and you just opened the door and let him in?"

"But you do know him."

"Then next time, let me open the door," Abel snapped, rolling his eyes. The boy opened his mouth to speak but Abel turned his attention to me, cutting him off. "What, are you just going to stand there with your mouth open? Come on."

He waved for me to follow him and I swallowed, instantly bounding after him, not wanting to piss him of anymore than he already appeared to me. Turning the corner, he led me down past the living room, down the hallway to the room at the end of the hall. The small boy with the golden hair and Abel's eyes followed us the whole way, right on our heels, babbling away about God knows what.

Abel opened the door and I followed behind him, the boy right behind me. I watched the boy, at least trying to pretend that I was interested in whatever he was trying to tell us, trying hard not to freak out at the thought that I was in Abel Mitchell's house. The Abel. Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to puke.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when Abel's gritting his teeth no longer seemed to work and he suddenly began to shout once again.

"Shut the hell up and get the hell out of my room. Get out of my room, Elias, before I drop kick you out of the god damned window," Abel hissed, advancing on the younger boy. The little blonde boy, Elias, shrieked and sprinted out, allowing Abel to slam the door, locking it as he did so. He sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "Sorry about him. He's just a little bit curious when it comes to new people. You know how kids are."

"Abel and Elias, huh?" I mused, unable to help myself. I smiled slightly as Abel approached me. I swallowed roughly, my smile twitching. "I like it. Very... original."

"Yeah. We can never find our names on those little keychains," Abel snickered, rolling his eyes. Unable to help myself, I chuckled and Abel looked back at me, his eyes glittering. Quickly, I covered it up with a cough and glanced away. All at once, he closed the space between us, grabbing my hips and pulling them to his, causing me to instantly shut my mouth. His eyes suddenly filled up with lust. "Enough chit-chat. Let's get this started."