Part 19: Day 2.

{MADDIE POV}

It's been a few days now since the games begun and as I know of Aaron, Rue, Thresh and Cato are all alive.

Right now I'm trying to find another water source. I haven't found anything yet, but there surely has to be another water source than that lake the careers are hogging down by the conrucurpia. Hasn't there?

I jump off the tree landing on my feet before putting my rucksack onto my back. I hold my knife in my hand ready for any danger, which is heading my way.

••••••••••••••

Two hours. Two whole hours of walking through the woods trying to find a water source, but still nothing. I haven't even seen any of the tributes since the bloodbath, however thats not a bad thing! I wonder if I'm at the end of the- SHIT! that, was close. A fire ball just swoushed past me.

I turn round to face where it came from to see another 2 coming straight towards me. I duck out the way and started running the way I came.

Bang....... Bang...... Bang...

I carry on running as fast as I can, ducking the fire balls which keep coming at me. I find a big rock and I leaned against that for a moment to catch my breath. Until I look back up for my eyes to then meet the site of a orange flame coming towards me. I push myself off the rock as fast as I could but it wasn't am fast enough "Ah" I whisper looking down at my now burnt leg. I try running again before tripping over and rolling down a hill. I lift myself up and I walk to when I get to the lake near the cornucurpia, to my surprise its empty.
I jump into the water relaxing my leg, and took a drink then I tried cleaning my wound before I heard distant voices. That's when they come into view.

The careers.

I get up and was about to go into the woods unseen, when I hear "Look by the lake its girl on fire" I think Marvel screams. I start panicing, I start limping into the woods with the careers not far behind. Knowing I wasn't going to get away from them by running I climbed a tall tree waiting for them to come.

Not long after I climbed the tree the careers was underneath me, looking up to me. "Where do you think your going fire girl? That's not going to help you!" Glimmer squeals. I don't reply. "How's it up there?" Cato asks me. "Its a lot cooler up here, why don't you come up and join me?" I reply. "Maybe I will" he replies. He starts climbing up the tree with the sword in his hand. Shit!

I start climbing higher up the tree before I hear a bang coming from beneath me. I look down to find Cato lieing on the floor. "Let me do it" Glimmer spits. She aims the bow and arrow at me before letting it fly into the sky not even close to me. "Give it here" Cato growls. He stands up grabbing the bow out of slapper faces hands. He shots the arrow at me which isn't to far off me but far enough to miss me. I chuckle. "Maybe you should throw the sword" I suggest. "Why not wait her out?" Aaron speaks up. We all look at him surprised. He carries on, "well she has to come down at some point, why not kill her then?" Aaron suggests. Whats he doing?

"Someone start a fire" Cato orders before they all walk off into the woods. Aaron however just stayed still and looked at me sympathetically, but I just ignore it.

•••••••••••

"Ow" I whisper to myself while looking and trying to treat my wound on my leg. Ding ding....... I turn my head to the sound noticing a parachute on the branch above me. I pick it up and opened it.

Use it wisely, good luck
C+D

I open the container next to the note. I open it to find white jelly in it. I dab my fingers into it and softly placed it over my wound. "Ah" I wimper. I completely cover it before putting it back into my bag.

I look down at the careers who are so silent. Aarons sleeping while Marvels just messing around with some sticks. Clove was throwing knives at animals and Cato is spitting on his sword, while Glimmer giggles at him. Ugh....

I rest my head against the tree for some rest.

•••••••••••••

"Pst.....pst......" I open my eyes and look to the figure in the trees next to me, its Rue. She points to the sky. I look up to the sky well at the branch which held a bee hive. I raise my eyebrow at her. She points at my knife and back at the tree. She made a cutting movement signalling me to cut the tree, I nod at her before getting up on my now full recovered knee.

I pull out my knife and I begin to saw.