Part 14: Interviews {2}

{Quite a big chapter}

{MADDIEPOV}

This is it. Glimmer walks onto the stage acting all sexy and flirty well just her usual self in a high see through dress. Her hair is bouncing against her back when she bobs onto stage. She gets a good round of a plause. Her 3 minutes had finished really fast and all she had to say was about the capitals fashion and that she's 'very prepared.'

Its now Marvels turn, he looks okay. He's in a blue and yellow tuxedo. As soon as he sits down he cracks a joke obviously trying to be funny which is working. Clove goes on stage next acting like an insane woman unless that's just her? I'm not sure but its creepy. She sits down and looks like she's going to rip off everyones heads off.  She doesn't say much just that shes deadly with a knife. Boringgg...

It's was now Cato's turn. I didn't notice before but he's wearing a dark blue tuxedo. His hair is spiky but messy, he's so handsome.... wow...

Wait what?

Caesars asked Cato a few questions about if he could win and if he's prepared and obviously he's being cocky. I thought that was it until Caesar asked Cato the question. "So handsome lad like you must have a special girl?" Cato looks down at the floor. "No... no I don't" he replies blushing. "Oh... there is, come on tell us. Who is this girl? Is she a tribute?" He asks curiously. "I'm not saying any names but yes she is a tribute and shes perfect. She's nice, sweet, caring but also deadly if you get on the wrong side of her." Cato tells him. Caesar nods. "Ahh.. she sounds amazing. To bad she's a tribute right folks?" He asks the audience they all cheer.  "But tell us Cato.... is she from the first half of the tributes or the last?" He asks Cato. "She's in the last half of the tributes. And let's just say hopefully you'll see more in the arena" he states. Wait? She's not from district 1,2,3,4,5,6? But in 7,8,9,10,11,12? What? I hope its me. Wait?
Why would I want that? It wouldn't be would it? Nahh... "Ooo sounds intriguing... Cato Hadley everyone..." Caesar yells. He gets a huge and I mean huge round of appaulse before walking off stage. Everyone must be curious who this girl Cato likes. The tributes must be curious as near enough everyone's trying to guess who it is.

•••••••••

Boring... Gosh these interviews are dragging..

"District 8 female.." The peacekeeper growls before pushing me to the stage door.

"Let me introduce Maddie Thompson from district 8." Caesar introduces. I put on a smile before walking into the stage as elegantly as I can. When I get on stage, the crowd goes wild and I even get whistled at like a dog. I sit down and Caesar starts talking. "Wow look at you... doesn't Maddie look gorgeous?" Caesar says making the crowd to cheer and whistle again. "Why thankyou Caesar you don't look bad yourself" I reply making him laugh. "Sweet this one is" he says. "So tell me how do you feel about getting the score of an 11 in the private sessions?" "Well I was shocked... but I did what I had to show I'm not going down without a fight" I tell him. "yes yes.. now tell me who was the girl you volunteered for?" He asks me. "That's Izzy she's my best friend, well more like my sister actually. We're very close and I couldn't bare to see her go through what my sister did so I volunteered for her, to protect her." I tell him thinking back to Charlie. "Oh yes I see the 70th hunger games Charlie Thompson wasn't it?" He asks. I hold my breath. "Yes" I whisper. "I'm sorry for your loss. I've got a couple more questions to ask you. So Maddie any boy at home?" He asks me. I chuckle. "No..no..I don't have time for a boyfriend, I'm a very busy person" I tell him. "Okay, one last question do you think you could be the one who Cato was talking about?" I'm sure my interviews is the longiest yet! "No... I believe its not me Caesar." I reply. "I see well I wish you he best of luck. everyone Maddie Thompson" he says while holding my hand in the air. The audience cheer loud and I get whistled at again and some people even chanted for me. I smile at them and wave before walking off stage straight into Aarons arms. "You did great" he tells me while hugging me. "Good luck out there okay..." I say completely ignoring his comment. "Thanks"  he says before being escorted up on to stage.

I look at Cato who's staring at me but I just focus on the screen.

•••••••••

"So good looking lad like you must have a girl back home supporting you?" Caesar asks. "No there's no girl at home" Aaron replies. "Oh come on there has to be am I right?" Caesar asks again. "Okay there is, but I don't think she noticed me before the reaping" Aaron states. "Well Aaron you win this thing go home, ask her hand in marriage she would be crazy to refuse" Ceasar says. Aaron looks to the floor. "Winning won't help me" he says. "Oh and why's that?" Caesar asks curiously. "It won't help me because she.. she came here with me" the crowd gasp including most of the tributes. Aarons on about me? He likes me? But.... I turn round to see every tribute looking at me well staring. Cato just looks pissed. I then turn back to the screen. "Well that's unfortunate I wish you the best of luck, Aaron Howard everyone" Caesar shouts. The crowd cheers and he comes of stage walking up to me pulling me into a hug. He then whispers in my ear, "I know you don't like me like that its fine. I just had to tell you the truth before it was to late" before parting. "Okay" I reply not knowing what to say. 

We make our way back up to our flat and was ready for tomorrow, the day everyone dreads.