The thing about psychopaths

So me and my friend were talking about the topic of psychopaths, and how this year we discovered two of our friends that go under the category.

Then she hit me with this fact and was like "did you know that one in ten people are psychopaths?" And I was like

That explains a lot.

Also I think I'm confusing sociopath with psychopath, but since I started with that I'll continue with that.

It's not like they're even as intimidating as their title, psychopaths are actually creepy as hell but only when you find out that they are one.

Because you realize that the tiniest details that they told you were lies, you realize that they would do things that might've looked random and accidental, but one thing leads to another, so they can get the exact thing they want from you.

So everything is meticulous and calculated, while sometimes they might not be so smart, but they are smart nevertheless.

Two days from now is my first day of college, kinda, and I'm terrified of the sort of people that I will meet. I feel like I have these trust issues and skepticism whenever someone talks to me.

Mainly because I was in a trap multiple times in someone's game, and it's hard to tell if a person is a psychopath or not because of how genuine they act, of how natural lying and manipulating is for them.

Weird topic to open up about but yeah, thanks for coming to my 58th ted talk lol.
—————————————————————
Dedicated to: A.G.

-S.S.