Chapter 9

For the first time since I was thrown into the prison and tortured, I slept in my own house, in my own bed. I was only able to do that since my brother and sister arrived yesterday. I make sure to wake up on time and make breakfast since Rachel doesn't like people being late. When breakfast is almost done, I wake up Isabel, Dave, and Shannon. They get dressed while I finish making breakfast and then we eat together.

When everyone is done, we walk to Rachel's office. We approach the Rachel's office and I see one of the new guards, I think his name is Trent, guarding the door. Trent opens and lets me in without a problem, but stops Dave, Isabell, and Shannon from entering. "They're with me" I say turning around and looking at Trent. Trent nods and lets them in. I lead them to Rachel's office and walk right in.

Rachel looks up and smiles when she sees me. She stops doing whatever she was doing and walks over to me. She wraps her arms around my neck pulling me into a hug. I cringe and hug her back. "I missed you" Rachel says. I didn't miss you. Rachel pulls me into a kiss, but I don't kiss her back, "Rachel...not now." Rachel ignores me and continues to kiss me until Isabell clears her throat.

Rachel finally stops kissing me and I look away. Great...just great. I didn't want them to see that or know, especially Shannon. I'm going to have some explaining to do later. "I get it now" Rachel says. I seriously doubt you do, but continue what you were saying anyways, Rachel says, "I embarrassed you." I just stand there for a few seconds before I nod my head and agree so that she doesn't become suspicious. That's definitely not it.

I don't like you at all, in fact I hate you and can't wait to exact my revenge. You had me tortured for months and then I was forced to date you and do things with you I never wanted to do with you in the first place. You want the truth, well here it is, I like Shannon. And now thanks to you, if I did have a chance, it's gone. Its not like I can say or do anything anyways because you will just have her killed, just like Vera.

"Let's get down to business" Rachel says taking her seat. I stand at my designated spot, which is behind her, and Isabell, Dave, and Shannon take their seat in some chairs in front of Rachel's desk. "Now as Clarke may have said before my name is Rachel and I'm the leader of New Haven" Rachel says. "I'm Isabell" Isabell says, "This is my brother Dave and our cousin Shannon."

"Now I'm assuming Clarke here has told you all how New Havens works" Rachel asks and they all nod, "So you know exactly why we are here. Are there any jobs in particular you would want?" Dave says, "I would like to become a guard." "As long as you pass the qualifying test" Rachel says. Dave nods his head. Rachel asks, "What about you two?"

"Something that allows me to stay within the walls of New Havens" Isabell says. Rachel nods and looks at Shannon. "I'm not sure" Shannon says. "Well you must have some idea" Rachel says. "What if Shannon shadowed some people to see what she liked doing and we go from there" I say. After a few seconds Rachel says, "Ok." Rachel fills out some papers and hands the appropriate papers to Dave, Isabell, and Shannon.

We go to walk out, when Rachel says, "Clarke, I need to speak to you." I groan internally, dammit. "Wait outside" I say to them, "I'll be out in a minute." They nod and walk out, closing the door behind them. "What did you need" I ask. Rachel walks up to me and wraps her arms around my neck pulling me into a kiss. I force myself to kiss her back and try my hardest not to cringe.

Rachel finally pulls away smiling and I give her a fake smile. "I've been wanting to do that since last night" Rachel says, "I missed you." "I know" I say, "I just found out that my family is alive after not knowing if they were dead or alive these last few years." "I get it, I'm not upset" Rachel says, "I'm really happy you found them." "I really want to spend some time with them" I say.

"I figured that's what you were going to say" Rachel says, "And I'll allow that if you still have lunch with me for the time being." I flash a genuine smile, "Deal." This means for however long I can keep this going I only have to see Rachel for an hour a day. This is awesome. "I should get back to them" I say. Rachel gives me a quick peck, "See you later."

I walk out and ignore their looks and dodge their questions for the time being. I get Isabell starts on her job and show Shannon where she will be working for the next few days. I then take Dave to the bunker where he will be staying for now while he goes through the qualifying test to become a guard.

Its been a few weeks since then. Dave became a guard a week ago. Isabell has been officially working in the hospital for a week and half. Shannon has been shadowing and still hasn't found something she really enjoys. The last person she is shadowing is me. She is shadowing me as a guard and runner. Right now I am teaching her the basics of how to use weapons since we are going on a run in a few days and she needs to know how to protect herself.

Over the last few weeks me, Isabell, and Dave have been catching up with each other and hanging out. I have been getting to know Shannon better and my feelings for her grow stronger each day. I still haven't told them the truth about Rachel or my revenge plan, but I need to soon. I just have to find the right time.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.