3

may 13-14

the bell rang, and the four of them went to their next collective class.
detention.

beverly had been coming out of science. to be honest, she had almost forgotten about detention.

she now saw tristan differently. after hanging out with him, she learned he wasn't that bad. sure, he called some people names, but he didn't think like that. it was for his friends. they wanted him to do that stuff and tristan didn't want to lose them as friends. beverly understood that, she knew peer pressure. she had lost her old friends, and was casted as the slut.

so yeah, tristan wasn't that bad. he was nice. he treated her to ice cream, they talked about their interests. it turned out tristan liked a bunch of stuff that she did. he treated her like a lady.

beverly wasn't used to that, so it was nice.

but she didn't like him like that.

stanley was coming out of gym. he had only richie in that class, and richie would not shut up about his detention.

"perfect attendance man has detention! it's just absolutely astounding." richie had teased, pushing stanley. stanley had sighed, putting his head in his hands.

"i didn't know you knew words as big as astounding." he had retorted, richie grasping his heart as if it stung to hear the words.

"good one babe, but i bet you haven't told your parents yet." richie had raised an eyebrow as he spoke. stanley's head snapped up.

"oh, so you're calling me babe now? do you really want to be my boyfriend that badly?" stan had flirted back jokingly, being careful of who could hear him.

"you know it." richie had winked.

stanley had rolled his eyes.

so now he was in the hall, making his way to room 3004. ignoring richie, he walked up the stairs and found himself at the door.

"for your info, richie, i haven't told my parents." stanley said, shrugging at richie and walking into the room.

"have fun my love!" richie yelled after stanley. stan sighed and turned to see beverly already there. her eyebrows were raised and she was smirking.

"so are you meaning to tell me you're gay and dating richie trashmouth tozier?" and for what must have been the sixteenth time in the past hour, stan rolled his eyes. 

mike had been in drama, so he had scurried to get across the entire school. he felt like the only time he could really be himself was when he was performing something. maybe he had no personality.

he didn't have anyone to talk to about this, which resulted in an egregious amount of conversations in his head. sometimes he spoke aloud.

mike was just fine with that.

if you asked him, mike would probably tell you that he didn't have friends because he didn't want any. that wasn't completely true. of course he wanted friends. he wanted to know what it was like. but he didn't mind being alone.

he had fun by himself, he didn't need others.

and it was also kind of the fact that the other kids didn't have a very high opinion of him, if you know what i mean.

so he had been coming out of drama. they had been writing their own scripts for monologues. mike was really invested in his so far. some of the other students weren't really as... motivated as mike.

running the lines over in his head, mike had put his shoes on and sped walk through the hallways to detention.

how did he get detention? being the only african american in a racist, caucasian school, it wasn't hard. this time, he had been sharpening his pencil, or as his teacher had said, "causing a loud disturbance".