Chapter One

Alright, let me start off by saying, I'm supposed to be fucken dead.

Yes, that's right. Me, Neji Hayuma (or, whatever the fuck my name is), is supposed to be dead.

I got hit by a fucken lighting jutsu. Burned to a crispy crisp. I heard the heart monitor in the hospital flat line myself in one of my few conscious moments.

My father, or my new one I guess, told me that remembering a flat line could just be me remembering my mother's death. She died giving birth to me. (Lucky woman...)

Death is supposed to be a release! Now, I didn't actually {want} to die yet, I wasn't suicidal, but expecting one thing and getting another is absolute bullshit.

I should probably let you readers know (shush, pay no mind to the sound of breaking glass. You're imagining it) who I am, or who I am now.

My name is Neji Hyum- Hyuga. Hyuga. I was born in the Village Hidden in the Leaves (Also know as Konohagakure, or Konoha) to my No-name mother and my kinda chill father, Hiashi Hyuga. Hiashi is the younger twin of Hizashi Hyuga, the clan head.

Because my father is the younger  twin, the clan elders (Basically some really old dudes) slapped some fancy tattoo on his forehead and then booted him out of the main house.

Which means he's now a branch member.

Which means I am too.

So when I turned five, the really old dudes slapped the tattoo on my forehead too.  And yes, I know it's a seal. The caged bird seal to be exact.

All branch members get it, and all Main house members can activate it. They use it like a leash. Basically, they've clipped our wings and force us to sing. I've seen what those things can do. I've seen a branch member fall to the feet of a clan elder in unimaginable agony, screaming, just because he didn't bow when the man passed.

Only once has my seal ever been activated. And it was by my father. I cant tell you how much it hurt.. Because it actually didn't. My seal really is  just a fancy tattoo. Me and father decided to keep this tiny tidbit a secret.

My clan seems to think me cocky and cold because I'm a better ninja than the heiress. But I think you know I act like I do because they cant do shit to stop me.

Any-A-ways, since I don't really want to be alive anyways, I don't really put much effort into hiding my never-ending rage. So I guess I always look constipated or like I got a twenty foot rod up my ass. Not that I care how people see me anyways.

Well, there is one person who's opinion I care about. Okay, maybe two, but Hinata is still a bit iffy in that category.

Now about the first person  mentioned, let me just say that I don't know why the ever flying fuck one singular person could be so god damn gorgeous. They're the only reason I don't hate living. Before I lived so far away, in an enemy land. The first time I met them we were the same age. (Like twelve or something.) Their country was in a war with my country, but not my small civilian village. My parents were the only ones who let their team stay in our house. I had to share my room with them. Not their whole team, just them.

I died not long after they left, and that was years ago. They're twenty now, and I thank my luck everyday I was born in this village. That I can see them in passing. That I have these {eyes} that let me see him whenever I like. I'm happy for that passing glance, and for that one time I actually saw their face. I wonder how good he looks now, all grown up...