Chapter 35

I fell asleep and got awoken by bright lights turning on in the room, I looked around me and the remembered everything that happened. My mom was still laying on the bed with her eyes closed and slowly breathing. I checked my phone and saw 3 missed calls from Ann, so I decided to call her back. I waited a couple seconds before she picked up.

"Hey, why did you call me?" I said in a sleepy voice.

"Dominic told us what happened..." She said and I looked at the floor in silence.

"I'm sorry" She said quietly. I still didn't respond.

"I wish I could be there for you right now, but I'm still on tour with them" She sighed.

"It's okay" I said sadly.

"How is she?" Ann asked.

"She didn't wake up yet, and I'm scared the doctors will tell me bad news" I replied and looked at my mom.

"She's strong Y/N, it's gonna be fine" She said, deep down I knew she way lying.

"I guess so" I sighed but looked behind me as the door opened.

"Ann, I have to go" I said.

"Oh okay, good luck" Ann replied.

"Thanks" I whispered and put the phone down. I looked to my right and there was a doctor standing in the door frame.

"We have to talk to you" She said carefully.

"Okay" I replied in a quiet voice. She waved with her hand as a sign for me to follow her.

"We all have decided something" He said as we walked into the hallway.

"Because your mom is so weak, she wont get any better and she will probably not wake up anymore" He said in a worried tone and the words he just spoke hit me like a shock.

"So she will just stay like this?" I said while tears formed in my eyes

"According to our calculations, yes" The doctor said and so many thoughts were running through my head.

"What will happen now?" I asked concerned.

"We have 2 options, we wont do anything and she will stay like this forever or... we're gonna have to pull the plug" He said and held my shoulder with his hand. I was now crying my eyes out.

"When will I have to decided?" I looked at the floor.

"You have 8 hours to think about it" He said, I nodded at him and walked away without saying anything.

I had to get out of this building, I was walking towards the exit while my eyes were crying rivers. I walked to my car and drove away, I decided to go to a place that made me feel safe and where I could think. A couple minutes later I arrived at the place and got out of the car. A little smile creeped up my face as I looked around me, this was my favorite place on earth. I was on the hill.

I walked towards the edge and sat down while looking at the beautiful city beneath me. I just got reminded why I was here again, I had to make the hardest decision in my life. I couldn't do this alone so I decided to call him.

"Please pick up" I whispered to myself while the phone was ringing.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Dominic immediately said as he picked up.

"No..." I cried and wiped away some tears.

"I don't know if I can do this" I said while I let out a quiet sob.

"What's going on?" He asked worried.

"It's about my mom..." I said and looked at the city.

"The doctors told me she wont wake up and I have to make a decision... if you know what I mean" I whispered that last part and I felt a couple more tears falling down my face.

"Oh Y/N... I'm so sorry" He sounded sad.

"I don't know what to do" I let out a sob and waited for his response.

"I say you release her from her pain, that way she can be free and life again" His voice sounded really upset. After a couple seconds I heard him sniffle softly.

"I think that's the best thing to do, otherwise she'll be in pain forever" He sniffled again, was he crying?

"I can't life without her Dominic" I sobbed.

"Do you want her to suffer more then she already is?" He asked quietly.

"No" I whispered as I silently let tears fall down my face.

"So let her go, let her be free" He said and I could've sworn I heard him let out a quiet sob.

"I can't I-" I said but he cut me off.

"You're so strong Y/N, I know you can do it" Dominic said softly.

"Okay..." I whispered.

"I'll do it" I couldn't believe what I had said.

"You can do it, it's gonna be fine" He said in a quiet voice. I didn't say anything for awhile but I finally broke the silence.

"Dominic?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Can you fly over to me... I can't do this alone"  I asked and looked at the floor, I was so scared he would say no.

"Ofcourse... I'll try to be there in 6 hours, is that okay?" He replied, I was actually surprised he said yes.

"Perfect" I had a little smile on my face.

"Great, I'll have to go then... are you gonna be okay?" He asked while I heard him walk around.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be fine" I replied, the smile was still on my face.

"See you in a couple hours" He replied and I said goodbye to him. We hang up and I started to cry again. Why was this happening to me?

A/N

This is kind of a short chapter but I'm on holiday rn so that's why. And idk if I'll upload a lot but I'll try my best to write anytime when I can! I hope you are still enjoying my book! <3