The Trials

The next day, Gem woke up and got dressed. She found her roommate Sagittarius in the cafeteria. Cancer, Leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces all sat at one table while a few of the alternates sat at the other.

"So we have different tables?" asked Gem.

Pisces nodded. "We don't want to sit with them, they don't want to sit with us."

Gem walked towards the food counter and grabbed a food tray. The food options were toast, fruit loops, and eggs. After receiving a plate of eggs that were half cold, Gem walked over to a small drinks table and poured herself a glass of apple juice before sitting down with her friends. "Where is everyone else?"

"They got up early to train," replied Leo. "I heard a lot of people get up at about six am."

Cancer checked the time on his phone. "They've been up for four hours?"

"Virgo told me that Libra and Cancy won't be able to come to training today." Aquarius bit into his last slice of toast. "Cancy is still unconscious and Libra has to rest."

"I still can't believe everything that happened yesterday." Pisces sighed. "I feel like it was a nightmare. Pie didn't hesitate to shoot Scorpio when she tried to attack Lee."

"That's how it is around here." Aquarius glanced at the alternate table. "If you try to attack them, they'll just kill you."

"We're not all like that." Leon sat beside the original zodiacs with a tray of food. Today, his long blond hair was curled into ringlets, and he wore a white blouse, a long pink skirt, and knee-high black leather boots.

"Why are you sitting with us?" asked Cancer. "Shouldn't you sit with your murderer friends?"

"I like you guys more. You're nicer. So, what happened since I left?"

"You mean after you tried to kidnap us and stalked us for months?" asked Aquarius.

Leon nodded. "I'm glad you guys are all still alive. I was worried you'd die from the curses."

Sagittarius rolled her eyes. "I DID almost die. My heart stopped functioning and I only survived because Cancy healed me."

"Wait!" gasped Cancer. "Can Cancy heal Taurus' spine?"

Leon furrowed his brow. "Spinal cord injuries are complicated, but she could try."

"Leon, what can you tell us about the alternates?" asked Leo.

"Ares and Scor are going to be your toughest opponents. Lee is tough as well, but not as much. Aquari and Pie are stealthy and they're not above playing dirty to win. Taur is softhearted, he won't hurt you guys. You already know what Cancy and I are like since we're your friends-"

"I wouldn't say friends," muttered Aquarius.

"Saggi is like a robot. He tried to seem emotionless but he's secretly a caring person. He's also really quiet and always leaves our group chats."

Sagittarius elbowed Aquarius and smirked. Aquarius rolled his eyes.

Leon fidgeted with the ends of his hair. "Capri is tough as stone, but she's really nice. She's dating Lee, but she deserves better than that asshole."