Trial #5

"How are you guys doing?" Gemini sat at the cafeteria table with a bowl of cereal.

"Good," replied Pisces. "You?"

"Not quite ready to die. But the trial tonight will progress regardless."

"I just can't wait until it's over and we have free time." Scorpio smiled. "The hot springs here are so nice."

"I wonder where everyone else is." Gemini narrows his eyes at Pisces. "Why aren't you with your friends?"

"You're not my friend?" Pisces pouted. "That kind of hurts."

Scorpio embraced Pisces while messing with his hair. "It's okay Piscespoo. I consider you my friend."

Gemini rolled his eyes. "I meant Gem and Sagittarius. This is the first time I've seen you just sitting alone, not plotting anything."

"Maybe I AM plotting something."

"I think he couldn't find them, so he came here to eat." Scorpio pinched Pisces' cheeks. "Isn't that right Piscespoo?"

"Morning." Capricorn sat beside Gemini with a plate of waffles. "Watch Ophiuchus host the trial in the hot springs next to the volcano. Last one to boil alive wins."

Gemini flicked Capricorn on the forehead. "You're not funny."

"What's this?" Scorpio placed her phone in the middle of the table.

"Breaking news!" announced the anchor. "It appears King Ares has decided to cut free healthcare for citizens of Fortis. This will not affect the citizen's taxes, since those fees will be used to build King Ares his own private mansion."

"What the fuck?" Capricorn frowned. "Ares wouldn't do that."

Pisces rolled his eyes. "But guess who would."

Scorpio exhaled, balling her fists under the table. "I wonder if this new house is full of snakes."

"Furthermore, citizens will also have a curfew of ten pm with the exception of employees driving to or from work or emergency situations."

Gemini rubbed his temples. "I guess Ophiuchus deems Ares a greater threat than Aries. Aries' popularity just skyrocketed."

Scorpio rolled her eyes. "Do these citizens actually think that popularity poll will determine who wins?"

Ares walked into the cafeteria. "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"You're officially more hated than Saggi." Scorpio pointed to her phone.

"WHAT?" Ares sat down and picked up the phone. "What did Ophiuchus do to my country?"

"She's slowly turning you into a dictator." Pisces sighed. "At least Ophiuchus considers you a bigger threat than Aries. That's why she's messing with you."

Ares glared at the wall. "The citizens have to know I wouldn't do that."

Gemini shrugged. "Ophiuchus forged your signature, and right now everyone trusts her."

"Speak of the snake-bitch devil." Scorpio watched as Ophiuchus appeared on the screen. She had dark bags under her eyes, and she looked helplessly into the camera. "I am shocked and appalled by King Ares' actions."

"You're in charge of all the potential rulers." A woman sitting in a chair across from Ophiuchus looked towards her. "After King Saggi tried to introduce a new tax law, how could King Ares be allowed to introduce his own ridiculous law? If anyone could have stopped this, wouldn't it be you?"

Ophiuchus sighed and buried her head in her hands. "I tried! He did it behind my back! I have thoroughly educated them on selflessness and the importance of putting people before yourself. For him to directly disobey me like that... I don't believe he is suited to be a king."