Chapter 12: Show off

CHAPTER 12 SHOW OFF

ATHENA'S POV

It's feels so uncomfortable.

I think I'd been very rude to Miss Perez earlier and I didn't really mean it. I just really want to stop miss from talking about my life infront of my classmate and I couldn't control this voice of mine when in comes to situation like this.

And now that we are all busy listening to Miss' discussion hindi maalis sa isip ko ang ginawa ko kanina. Babawi ako , I think an active class participation can make her mood light. Iyon naman talaga ang nakakapagpasaya at gusto ng mga teacher diba? To see that their students are learning and listening. So that's what Im goin' to do.

"So that is why the English dictionary important. For us to understand the meaning of the words. Let's see if ever some of you read a dictionary. Can anyone tell what is the longest English word that we can found in our English dictionaries?" Ms. Perez suddenly ask.

I roam my eyes and observe who's classmate of mine would raise his/her hand but know one did. Some avoid Miss' gaze while some looks like they want to answer but are scared to do so.

"Yes Mr. Winston ?" Miss Perez sid and motion is hand when one of our classmate raise his hand.

"Miss can I go to the bathroom?" John said that made my classmates laugh.

-_-  What's even funny about that? He's making fun of Miss Perez for heaven's sake!

"Class quieeeeeeeettt! Mr. Jhon were in the middle of discussion and yet you're disturbing us with that?! No! Im not gonna let you go out not until you answer my question." Galit na sambit ni Miss. "CORRECTLY!" Pagdidiin pa ni miss.

"Pero miss-"

"Your in our English class so you must talk to me in English!" nang dahil doon ay natahimik ang klase namin.

"But miss I really need to go on the bathroom." Hindi na mapakaling sambit ni Jhon kaya muli ay tahimik na napatawa ang mga kaklase namin. Pero syempre mas malakas ang tawa ng mga kaibigan niya.

"Is that so?" Miss asked.

"Yes miss."

"Then find a friend that can help you." Mataray paring sambit ni miss.

Mabilis naming inikot ang paningin ni John and point his finger in his friend.

"Lenard Wilson miss."

"Stand up Mr. Wilson"

"Miss bakit ako?"

"Because your friend say so. Now answer my question or detention!"

"Miss!" Alma nang kaklase naming si Lenard.

"Why?" asik ni miss

"C-can I call a friend?" Kamot batok na sabi ng kaklase namin. Masungit naming tumango si miss before she said.

"Go! So the three of you can go to detention room incase your friend can't help you."

"S-si Nerd po miss" Turo nang kaklase ko sa------akin?! Ako? Kailan ko pa sila naging kaibigan? I don't even remember their face until now!

Napatingin saakin si miss na tila pinag-aaralan ang reaksyon ko. Bago ibinalik ang tingin sa mga kaklase ko.

"Using Miss Clara to save you? GO TO DETENTION ROOM!"

"But Miss---"

"NO Buts! Im gonna check the both of you on the detention room later!" Wala nang nagawa ang mga kaklase ko kundi sumunod. Ayaw din siguro nilang bumagsak at maging kahihiyan sa pamilya nila. They should lalo pa at nasa highest section sila. "So Miss Clara I'm gonna ask you since Mr. Wilson called you earlier what is the longest word that we can find on English dictionary?" tanong ni miss.