8

Regina and Emma were finally out of the woods and on there way to the hospital. Emma was now in the passenger seat with Regina driving. Her hand holding over the wound to keep the blood in.

"How's the shoulder" Regina asked as she glanced across at the blonde.

"Hurts but it's alright. I didn't expect you to speed off that fast" Emma replied chuckling at the end as she looked at the brunette next to her.

"I don't think that was Natasha. If that was all a trap why would they risk putting her there. They know we're trying to find her as well" Regina said trying to find anything to take her mind off being on Emma's lap.

"I think you might be right. We should go back to the prison and find out if David has had any contact with anyone to do with Rosa. He might have led us there in the first place" Emma agreed as she nods in agreement and grips her arm tighter because of the pain.

"Hurts doesn't it?" Regina questioned knowing from experience in this.

"Yes. So much. Have you ever been shot" Emma asked trying to hide the fact she wanted to cry from the pain.

"Many time. Once I was shot 3 times and almost died so I know it hurts. Just hang in there and keep pressure on it" Regina replied now placing a police light onto the top of the car and driving fast so she got Emma help as soon as possible.

"Wait you almost died? When did this happen" the blonde asked looking a bit shocked at her partner.

"Before you transferred here. One in the shoulder. One in the leg. And one in the stomach" Regina replied as she thought back to that hard day at work.

"Whoa that's intense. How much longer? I'm really tired" Emma asked forcing her eyes to stay open even though she desperately wanted them closed.

"2 more minutes. Swan I hate you but you die on me and I'll kill you" Regina warned trying to hide her worry and fear from the blonde woman.

"Didn't know you cared? Whoa the evil Queen of the force had feelings" Emma chuckled in slight disbelief Regina actually cared for her. The brunette shot her a glare but didn't say anything. She just carried on driving. "Can you talk to me to keep me awake" Emma awkwardly asked as she felt herself wanting to sleep.

"Talk about what" Regina asked letting out a large breath she didn't know she was holding.

"When did you get a divorce" Emma asked knowing this is the only way to get her to talk.

"2 years ago. I lost my shit and told him to leave my house before I called the police. I managed to prove he hit me because of the braces I was due to have taken off. I have a question for you. What's your fiancè like" Regina replied before posing a new question.

"Penny? She's umm... I don't really know how to describe her. She's quite modest" Emma replied a little unsure how to answer.

"Modest? Didn't have you down as a woman who likes a modest girl. To be honest I didn't think anyone would actually date you" Regina sassed subconsciously since that's what she does.

"Thanks. Anyway. Our relationship is just complicated that's all. She's different to when I met her" Emma replied rolling her eyes but now forgetting about her shoulder.

"If a relationship is complicated then you shouldn't marry her. Trust me" Regina said thinking back to her failed marriage with her ex.

"Sorry if I don't take relationship advice from detective perfect marriage. Your not exactly the person to go to about having a loving marriage" Emma replied confused why the brunette gave her advice.

"Fuck you swan! Your one fucking heartless bitch" Regina snapped now angry by what her partner just described her as. She pulled up outside the hospital and didn't even bother moving to help the blonde. "Get out of the car NOW! Have your perfect fiance pick you up later. Your done for the day" Regina growled so angry she couldn't even look at the blonde.

"Are you serious? Because I told you the hard truth your not even going to help me or wait for me" Emma asked as she looked annoyed at her angry partner.

"Hard truth? Really? I opened up to you about the hardest part of my life for some fucked up reason and you decide to turn it back on me. Get out of my car before I put another bullet hole in you. That's an order swan" Regina snapped so hard it made the blonde jump a little and shive in her skin.

Emma wanted to argue but her shoulder hurt and she knew she was in the wrong. She was just annoyed and hated speaking about Penny. She sighed and climbed out the car. Clinging to her shoulder as did so. Regina drove off fast away from the hospital. She was just so mad at what happened. She went home and stormed into the house. Slamming the door shut.

"Mum? Why you home" Dani asked looking shocked at her as she came out the kitchen.

"Why aren't you in school?" Regina asked annoyed at the sight of her daughter.

"I told you I wasn't going" Dani sassed as she folded her arms and stood with attitud.

"You know what? I give up.  I give up with everything. You win. Do what you want" Regina said in exhaustion and tears from the day built up in her eyes and glassed across her vision.

Dani saw and immediately became worried for her mother. She went to walk to her but Regina walked away. Rubbing her temple to try relieve some stress. Dani looked worried and followed the brunette to the lounge.

"Mum are you ok" she asked in the doorway watching her mother falling backwards onto the sofa.

"Fan-fucking-tastic. Please either go to school or go to your room. Just not in here. I'm not in the mood for it today" Regina begged now hiding her face with her hands so her daughter didn't see her weak.

"No. What happened" Dani asked walking closer into the room.

"Daniella please" Regina softly requests as she tried so hard not to break down in front of her daughter.

Dani figured Regina wasn't going to talk. She sat down on the sofa and leaned down to hug her. Snuggling into her mother's neck and closing her eyes. Regina's arms cling around her to comfort herself with her daughter's love.

"Did someone hurt you" Dani softly asked not moving from her position.

"I opened up to someone and they used it against me in an argument. It just hurt that's all but I'll be fine" Regina replied keeping her eyes closed and not daring to let a tear out.

"I'm sorry mum. Don't be upset though. Remember what you told me? Sticks and stone can break my bones but words could never hurt me" Dani suggests as she lifted her head up and sat up.

"Thanks sweetie. Tomorrow you are going to school. I mean it" Regina warned  as she used her mother voice.

"Maybe" Dani simply replied as she led back on her mother's chest to comfort her.