Part 6: Beach Day And A Trip Down Memory Lane

This was it. The little moments in life you have to remember. Keep these memories locked away in a safe forever. You're only young once and how old exactly do I have to be to be classified as old?

These are the moments you sit back and really take in, really enjoy them.

My son was growing up and I had the two people by my side who mattered the most. Yes, the love of my life was missing but, for once, that wasn't on my mind.

"Gavin, stop throwing sand at Maddy." I warn.

"Come on, Mads. Let's get him!" Hunter rolls around in the sand and chucks it at Gavin.

"Hey!" Gavin furrows his eyebrows and chases Hunter along the water.

I let the water reach my body, soaking me up and it moves away from me.

"I'm thirsty." Marissa says.

"Me too, you wanna go get some drinks?" I look at her.

"I'm also lazy to walk back. It was a long way and that sand was hot." She moans.

"Ugh, I'll get them. Lemonade?" I stand up off the sand. She nods. "Keep an eye on Gavin, please."

"Will do." 

Walking to the bar stand at the entrance, I was out of breath when I finally reached the board walk. I really need to start working out.

Standing in line, my eyes gaze around and spot the different families and kids running around. There were fake palm trees around and even a park at the other side and a music stand.

"Next!" The guy behind the counter yells.

"A lemonade and a raspberry blast." I tell him. As he goes off to the back, my eyes continue gazing around. Suddenly, without a warning, a beach ball comes crashing into the back of my head.

"Wha-the.." I trail off. Turning around a little girl comes running towards me.

"Sorry!" Her eyes go wide.

"It's okay." I chuckle. Handing her the ball back, she smiles before running away and my eyes land on a guy coming my way.

It wasn't his familiar brown eyes or ruffled up hair that had my breath caught, but the way he walked my way. His shoulders back, teeth showing, white shirt sticking to his body.

It couldn't be.

"Emma?" He speaks as he approaches me.

It was.

"No way." I chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" He leans in for a hug.

"A-Alex. Oh my God, hi." I pull away. "Uhm, wow. This is so weird."

The last time I saw him was at a high school party, and let's not forget my tragic effort of confessing my feelings for Jax to the poor guy.

This couldn't get anymore awkward.

"Was that your daughter?" I look at the little girl with blonde hair and the young woman standing by her, her long blonde hair laid over her shoulders.

"Yeah, that's Melanie." He looks back.

"Your drinks." The guy interrupts.

"Thanks." I hand him the money and stand off to the side.

"And that's my wife, Stephanie." He looks at me.

"H-How have you been? What happened to Boston?"