Chapter 10: We'll Be Okay

"I'm pregnant."

The words leaving my mouth felt more and more real the more I repeated them.

Before I could say anything else, Jax stood up and in seconds he was next to me, lifting me up from my seat and wrapping his arms around my body.

I don't know why I was so worried or overwhelmed with the doubts of him not being happy with the news. I guess I knew this would change things but change isn't always bad. Sometimes people need change in their lives to bring happiness.

"Oh my, God." Jax says into my neck. I laughed, tears slipping down my face. I look over to see Gavin completely unfazed and shoving food into his mouth as he stared at us.

"How- I mean when, I-how?" Jax pulls away.

"I mean for the how part I think we can both recall a couple weeks ago...the showe-" Before I could finish my sentence Jax stops me.

"I mean, I know how." He smirks. "But, I'm just...I wasn't expecting this."

"You're not mad?" I slip out.

He furrows his eyebrows. "Why would I be mad?"

I shrug, my arms still around his neck as we stood standing in each other arms. "I don't know. You just started recovering and everything is happening so fast. I don't want this to be a set back or to effect you and the progress you've made."

He shakes his head, grabbing a hold of my hands and kissing them. "This is a mans dream, Em. You gave me the gift of love and happiness. You stuck with me through my darkest time and loved my flaws even when I didn't. How could I be mad or not accepting of this miracle?"

"I'm so proud of you, you know that?" He smiles, his eyes glossy from the tears he was trying not to let escape. "You made it through, my love."

I can't promise him or anyone things were going to be easy, but I think this was a gift. It was a wake up call. Exactly what we needed and although not only Jax was in recovery, I was too, I knew we were going to be okay.

In life, everything happens for a reason.

This was meant to happen.

Not everyone is met with the gift to experience love for themselves and let me tell you. Go for it. Don't run away because of fear. Jax and I came such a long way, from people not accepting of our relationship, to years of pain and love.

It was all worth it, every second and I wouldn't change a single thing. He pushed through and worked on himself for us. For his family.

"What do you think it is? I say girl. We could use a girl. What do you think Gavin? You want a baby sister?" Jax looks over at Gavin who was sipping from his cup.

"I want ice cream!" He smiled big.

Chucking, I wiped my tears and met Jax's eyes as they sparkled. The amount of love my heart held for the man in front of me was incredible.

"We could get some ice cream after dinner. What do you say, mama? A little celebration?" Jax smiles at me and finally, he lets a tear escape. I wipe it away before it could fall down his face and my lips meet his cheek.

I nod. "I could do some ice cream."

He pulls away, fist pumping in the air and yelling loudly. "WOOOH! I'm going to go call Hunter!"

"I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER AGAIN!" I hear him shout.

Laughing, I sat back down as I watched Jax run out of the room. I looked over at Gavin and found myself with my arms wrapped around my belly.

"Hey, bubba." Gavin looks at me. "You think we're going to be okay?"

"Yes, mommy. We'll be okay." He giggles.

And for the first time in a long time I had faith in those words. Everything was going to be okay.