LI

Do you know what the issue is with writing a story over the course of months? Your writing inevitably changes, evolves.

This is me whenever I get a comment on my first 20-something chapters and go back to read the paragraph in question:

I CRINGE every time, I just hate the way I used to divide my paragraphs and how non-descriptive I frequently was.

I would just rewrite them but I hate that I'd end up losing the in-line comments, because I live for your comments.

Anyway, I think I'll edit the entire book after finishing it, hoping that I'll be motivated enough to do so.

Hope you liked the cliffhanger. :)

The mansion is right there, just a few feet away

The mansion is right there, just a few feet away. I simply need to get past the gates and I'm safe.
My heart is beating fast, I'm breathing heavily and my limbs hurt, but that's fine.
Just a few more seconds and I'm safe.

He catches up to me, that monster, and he wraps his cold fingers around my ankle, dragging me towards him and making me fall face-first onto the harsh, unforgiving pavement. "I got you." He says proudly.

My head hurts, I think I split it open. There's blood running down my forehead, and it's getting into my left eye. It burns.

"You're mine now, darling." The tattooed man announces, laughing in satisfaction as he rips my nightgown open.

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, dragging out the last letter until my throat began to ache. Suddenly, I was thrown into a sea of pure darkness and I couldn't see a thing.

A pair of big, warm hands settled on my cheeks, so delicately yet firmly, as opposed to how that monster had touched me. They were shaking me. "Alison! Baby, wake up! Please, angel, wake up!" The desperate voice of my father filled my ears, giving me a sense of security.