Partners??

CHAPTER 3 - Partners??

----

Things you'll need:

Y/n - your name

F/A - favorite author

----

I sat in my seat at the back of my first class on Monday morning, English. I was sat at the back as I had been for the last week. The first time I had this class, the first thing that I noticed was that Gene was in my class, AGAIN. The teacher was talking about a project that we were going to be doing in pairs, I was hoping that I'd be put with Katelyn, who Laurence had introduced me to last year, when they were both freshmen, she was the only one in the class who I knew.

"Alright, Y/n will be with... " She looked over the class, finding me someone to pair with, I took a sip from my water bottle, "Gene." I choked on my water then started spluttering.

"W-what!?" I said.

"Now, the project is to research your favorite author, and create a short presentation about him or her, now go and sit with your partners, you can use the rest of this lesson to plan. I put my arms out and banged my head on the desk, Oh  Irene Laurence is actually going to kill me, and Gene will probably kill me as well, I'm going to be double dead. I thought.

The sound of a chair sliding next to me broke me out of my thoughts and I lifted my head a little to see that Gene had come and sat at the desk next to me.

"Aww i thought I might have been dreaming..." I said before slamming my head back on the table.

"What? Don't want to work with me?" Asked Gene.

"Of course not! Why would I want to work with you? You'll just make me do all the work myself." I said, it was muffled by the table but I'm sure Gene heard what I said.

"I could do that, but nah, I don't fell like it today." Gene said.

"Sereiously." I said, in a bored tone. Then I started laughing quietly, "The leader of the Shadow Knights can't be bothered to break rules!" I said.

"Eh whatever, Just- Choose an author to do, I don't read books." He said, grabbing a notebook from his bag and doodling on one of the pages. I thought about it for a minute before thinking of F/A.

"How about F/A?" I asked Gene.

"I still really don't give a damn." Gene said.

"Very helpful." I said, going back to making notes of ideas I had for our presentation. When the lesson was about to end I turned to Gene.

"So, when are we going to meet up to work on the project?" I asked.

"No Idea." He replied.

"Are you serious? You are the most useless partner I've ever had, And I've had some pretty useless partners." I said, getting annoyed that he hadn't helped at all.

"Alright then, How does tomorrow sound?"

"Time, place?" I asked.

"Your house, 5pm." Gene replied.

"Do you even know where I live?" I asked.

"Of course I do, Laurence used to be in my gang, remember?" He said, sounding annoyed.

"Ok whatever." I replied, just then, the bell rang, I picked up my stuff and left the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!
I hope everyone is enjoying this book so far :)

Have a great day everyone!

-Lizzie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~