"plus, even if i have a new boyfriend, what is it with you? do you have any problem with it?"

his eyes snapped up to meet hers. is she really asking him that question? he knew she was testing him, from the way she was hiding her smile as she watched his reaction.

"right, i do have problem with it." his voice came out colder than he intended. he swiftly reached for her hand, pulling her to him that she was forced to sit on the bed next to him. eunwoo could see her eyes widened in surprise when he moved closer to her face and he smirked at her flustered self. "if you have a new boyfriend, i will have to force myself to move on, because i certainly won't make a fool of myself, waiting for a love that won't come back to me." he whispered, gazing straight into her eyes.

"e-eunwoo-" she tried to pull away but eunwoo wasn't going to let her go. this is now or never, he thought.

"lee eunbi, do you know how i felt when i heard of your dating scandal? i was heartbroken, furious, devastated to the point that it hurts like crazy. when you came back, i thought we still had a chance to get back. i see hopes in us. i was willing to do anything to fix my mistake so that i can be with you again. then, the dating scandal happened and i suddenly thought; is this really the end to us? am i just deluding myself that i can still save this relationship? all the hopes i had disappeared and i suddenly felt too tired to keep hoping. i wanted to give up on us." eunbi's eyes welled in tears. with eunwoo this close and his sudden confession, everything was too overwhelming for her to handle. she wanted to run away, so that she wouldn't need to face him. but eunwoo's grip on her hand was too strong, that she couldn't pry it off - or was it her that had turned weak?

"i'm not letting you go, eunbi. i want us to settle this, once and for all." eunwoo glanced apologetically, loosening his hold ever so slightly. she looked down to avoid his eyes but didn't say anything. "should i just give up on us, eunbi? should i stop hoping for you?" he asked in a whisper.

"do you love me, eunbi?" his hand reached for her chin to lift her head up so that he could see her eyes, "should i stop loving you? should we really be friend, just friends from now on?" he pressed on.

"you decide, eunbi-ah. i'll accept whatever your choice is. no objection, i promise." he smiled faintly, though it didn't quite reach his eyes, "but you must do it now."

eunbi's glistening eyes searched for answers in his. there was a mixture of earnest and determination in his eyes, and eunbi knew he was not joking when he gave the last word to her. the question now is, does she want to be with him?

the sudden knock on the door interrupted the moment, then jinjin's voice was heard from outside, "guys, sorry for disturbing but i got a text from moonbin that manager hyung is back to the hospital. eunbi needs to go now."

eunbi gasped in panic at jinjin's words. she instantly jumped to her feet and was about to leave when eunwoo reached for her arm, preventing her from going.

"eunwoo, please... not now." she pled, but eunwoo refused. he wanted answer, now.

"just say it, eunbi. tell me what you want and i'll let you go."

eunbi sighed, shooting a glare at the lattee and swiftly stepped closer to the bed. he looked up to her in mild confusion and before he could react, she had cupped his cheek and landed a soft kiss on his lips. it was just a brief kiss when eunbi pulled away, her cheeks tinted pink.

"i-i'm leaving." she whispered and successfully slipped away from his graps, running out of the room in a matter of seconds. the door shut closed and eunwoo was left alone in the room.

he was in dazed as he thought of the kiss and when the reality finally dawned on him, he couldn't stop the happy smile from making its way into his lips.

just then, the leader entered the room with a knowing smile. "mission: make eunbi fall in love with eunwoo again is a success, i suppose?"

"a total success, hyung." he nods, with the brightest smile he could muster.

°•~ the end ~•°

a/n: ohmygod this book finally comes to its end at 3:14 p.m. on 24 August 2019. can i cry in happiness?? i first published this book on december 2017, took me almost two years to complete a thirty-eight chapter+epilogue
fanfiction. goshh, my second baby is delivered successfully, i'm a proud mom of two astro's fanfictions.

i'll upload a post-mortem chapter after this for you guys to give your feedback of this story- this is important to help me improve my writing so your participation are very appreciated.

+you guys interested in q&a? perhaps you want to ask me anything about this book, or even anything? if you are, comment here and i'll open a q&a section on the post-mortem chap or if u don't, just pretend you never read this skksksksks