+twelve

it was like any other day at the cold noodles shop. people were flooding in as lunch time had just started and most of the tables had been occupied by the customers.

it was hectic to say the least. there were four servers on duty at the moment and all of them were always on their toes, running all over the places to attend the hungry customers. the kitchen wasn't much different; orders were piling up and the cooking team could barely keep up with all the cooking.

eunbi was one of the servers. she was in charge of taking the customers order but she would help her coworkers to bring the food to customers every now and then when she had free time.

her hair that was tied up into a ponytail had loosened up and sweats are lining up her forehead and temples from all the running she did since the beginning of lunch hour but her smile was kept intact.

it was exhausting and she could barely made it till the last customer walked out of the shop.

"finally!" she cheered loudly, slumping down on one of the tables. "ughhhh, i don't think i can use my feet anymore.." she groaned, feeling her feet ached inside the sneakers she was wearing.

"you still have to mop the floors, nuna." someone reminded her, pulling on her ponytail as he took a seat next to her. eunbi didn't need to look at him to know the culprit.

"stop it, juyeon." she groaned, shooting a death glare at the younger boy. juyeon didn't look the least threathened, he merely chuckled at her poor attempt to scare him.

a sudden tap on his shoulder made juyeon looked over, watching another two servers, hyunjae and jacob took their seat next to him and eunbi.

"don't mess with a tired woman, juyeon." hyunjae reminded, his voice was playful as usual, "tired women are scary, especially one named lee eunbi."

eunbi gave hyunjae a dirty look, snorting at his comment while the other two males bursted in laughter.

"anyone up for a bowl of cold noodles?" another voice chimed in; sangyeon, the chef and the shop owner, shouted all the way from the kitchen.

"me!" four members of serving team answered simultaneously, their pointless little banter was long forgotten at the mention of food.

-

"yah cha eunwoo, aren't you going to snap out of it?!" yelled the dance instructor, his eyes narrowing sharply at the visual in particular.

eunwoo ran a hand through his hair, sweats dripping from his temples and chest heaving up and down as he tried to catch his breath. he hung his head low, looking down to the floor.

the dance instructor let out a breath,"the other members can take a break but eunwoo, keep practicing. when i come back later, i expect you to master every steps already." he huffed, storming out of the room. the door was closed with a bang, enough to make the six guys flinched at the loud sound.

silence filled the air as no one said anything. for the first few minutes, they all stood there, not knowing what to do.

"i'm sorry, guys." eunwoo spoke up first, heaving a deep sigh of regret. "it's because of me..." he trailed off.

jinjin sighed too before he approached the younger boy.

"eunwoo-ah, i know about your problem but you can't keep being like this." he carefully advised, "for the meantime, just put everything aside and focus to the practice."

"right, eunwoo-ah." mj piped in, "if you keep being like this, you will mess up our performance later."

sanha, who stood next to mj, elbowed the oldest member for his insensitive comment. the maknae gave a look at mj as the latter innocently defended himself, saying he did nothing wrong.

"hey, relax." moonbin spoke up, noticing the building tension in the air, "rocky and i will help eunwoo. right, rocky?"

rocky nodded, "the three of you could take a rest if you want, while we help eunwoo hyung."

"alright then." jinjin agreed. before he left the room to follow mj and sanha out, he turned again to eunwoo, patting the boy's shoulder.

"fighting, cha eunwoo." jinjin smiled and left.

"then, should we start from the beginning?" rocky asked, making his way to the audio set at the corner of the room.

"that's fine." moonbin answered, standing next to eunwoo who now looked better than before. the visual ruffled his hair for one last time as rocky went to stand at the other side of him.

"astro fighting!" rocky cheered loudly right before the song started, making the two older boy chuckled at his antics.

as he danced, eunwoo looked at his own reflection on the mirror.

cha eunwoo, stop thinking about her, he scolded himself internally, forcing himself to give full concentration on his two members' couching.

-

so basically this chapter is to show you how eunbi and eunwoo are coping up with their life. as you have read, eunbi now has found new friends (juyeon,hyunjae,jacob and sangyeon are the members of the new boy group called the boyz— one that you should really check it out cause they're 👌👌👌) and she is having a great time with her life while eunwoo... well, contrary to eunbi, his life doesn't turn out that great after she left.

the next chapter will be about eunbi getting pro— oops! i shouldn't give you guys a spoiler right? hehe. till next time!