Chapter Two - Matthew Shepard

I strolled into math class trying to forget the fact that my uncle was best friends with the other new teachers and didn't bother to mention it. How had I never seen them? Maybe they just didn't come round when I lived at Zacky's place.

As I saw what our new math teacher looked like, it was clear why Zacky said 'Don't fall for them' and nothing else before I had left for school.

The teacher he, He was beautiful. He had short black hair, was dressed in black jeans and a black hoodie. But one sleeve was rolled up so I could see a tattoo sleeve. He had gauges in his ears. Not too big of ones though. Just right. He was actually gorgeous, and I could see he had muscular arms beneath his hoodie.

"And you are?" He asked with sass and I raised my eyebrow and walked over to him

"Vengeance. Ashley Vengeance. Though my actual last name now is Baker," I said with intimidation, his eyes widened slightly, before settling and a smirk formed on his lips, his lip ring moving ever so slightly with his lip as it raised to one side of his face.

"Ah, so you're Zacky's girl then, no wonder he never let us come over while his 'precious niece' was home" He said, putting air quotes around the words 'precious niece' for affect.

I rolled up my hoodie sleeves, revealing my tattoos as I crossed my arms and leaned back on a desk, staring down the teacher.

"Indeed, and what would your name be?" I asked quizzically and he smiled, wow an actual smile, coming from this man? What's the catch?

"It's written on the board" He said with more sass

I scoffed, "I'm not asking the board, I'm asking you" I said

"Yup, definitely belongs to Zach" he said and I sighed, being too impatient for my own good.

"Well?" I asked and he laughed

"Sanders, Matt Sanders," He said and I smiled,

"Nice to meet you," I said and walked up to him and reached my hand out, which he accepted gracefully. I kept smiling until I felt a barely noticeable spark, which made me jump back, with wide eyes. I looked up at Matt-who was now standing-only to see he wore the same expression and had jumped back too, I just backed away hurriedly and sat down at a desk as far away from Matt as I could get, but he shook his head and pointed to the desk directly in front of his, but also near the wall, I sighed and sat in the desk he had gestured to, staring up at him quizzically.

"I like to place beautiful things in front of me to stare at when the class begins to get boring, or just in general," He paused before leaning closer to whisper,

"You're the only pretty girl in this school, is all I'm saying" He said before waltzing back to his desk like he owned the place, which I guess in this case-he did.

I sighed but smiled at Matt,

This was going to be a long year.