XXXII - Hope

From inside the ship, Drako infected the computers of the extraterrestrial capture's agency with an untraceable virus, thus destroying all the information that they had on planet Life technology. Decades of research and secrets were finally destroyed, ending the ghost created by Mirov.

The Science spacecraft was hidden in the sea, next to ship Star Hunter. The friends from Planet Life decided that they would stay on Earth for a while, disguised as normal human beings, while they tried to find a way to cure Lorena. Despite the progression of the disease, of difficult regression, they hoped that the ship's laboratory would help them.

Nicholas, Merko, Lorena and Helen said goodbye to their friends and went home. Everyone needed to rest, put their heads together and mourn Zara's death. Merko went up to his room with Lorena as soon as he got home.

"My dear. I'm so glad you came back! I couldn't stand being alone anymore. I need you so much. And now with this disease... I may not be able to stand by your side for the rest of our lives as we have always wished", she confessed as she was gently placed on the bed.

"My love, I'll always be by your side. I'll do everything I can for you to be cured."

They fell asleep hugged, full of hope of better days.

Nicholas, on the other hand, was inconsolable. He couldn't stop thinking about Zara without crying. He remembered every minute of the happiness they had side by side. Since the first date, in the abandoned house.

"I can't believe she's not here. That damn Mirov appeared in our lives and brought death. I'd rather have died instead of my love", Nicholas thought with regret in his heart.

Helen couldn't sleep either. She went downstairs and saw her father, prostrate in the living room. She went to him and put her hand over his. The two looked at each other, without saying any words, only the tears in their eyes could express the pain. Nicholas hugged her, trying to appease his soul.

"Dad, will she ever come back?"

"No, my dear. Your mother is in heaven, with the angels. She's looking out for us now, taking care of you, no matter where she is."

Helen bit her lips lightly and continued to hug her father, needing affection.

A few days later, they were giving Zara a farewell ceremony. They had to close the coffin, because they didn't have a body. Lorena, even feeling pain, appeared. Drako, Sivoc, Crom, Tibor and Merko, all dressed in black, as well as Nicholas and Dargan, mourned such great loss. Helen was tearful, hand in hand with Sophia. They were all united in pain, remembering the sweetness and generosity of Zara.

The family explained to Sophia that Zara had died in a robbery, from which a shot was fired, which disfigured her face, that's why the coffin was sealed. They couldn't tell everything, for the girl wouldn't understand. Perhaps, at an opportune moment, they would try to reveal the whole truth to her.

And time continued to close the cycles, making the destined people find each other in their search for happy endings. Dargan ended up assuming his initial form from when he arrived on Earth, and decided to start a new life.

Deep down, he still liked Sophia, so he couldn't let her escape. He was "introduced" by Nicholas and Merko to her, and took every chance he could to win her heart, stay close to her and give her the love she had always dreamed of.

The datings came next, and Nicholas supported the relationship, because Dargan had become a close friend and ally.

Sophia reciprocated Dargan's love, and in the meantime, dreamed of being a good environmental engineer, studying alternative energies that were sustainable and could improve the environment in the future. She wanted to create new methods of recycling, that would renew the ecosystem and the quality of life on Earth.