VIII - Alien Games

Merko's ship, noticing the other one in its pursuit, increased speed. It needed to get as close as possible to the underground fortress.

"Captain, they're reaching us..." Crom looked like he was full of adrenaline in his veins.

"Lift the force shields," Merko ordered.

Suddenly, the ship shook and Merko could feel the jolts on the command bridge even with the cruiser's defense at full strength.

"Give them a dose of their own medicine. Fire rockets... Now!" The captain commanded with energy.

The Genesis spacecraft also felt the explosions that were very close to its hull.

"So, Kirubi? Are we going to stand here waiting to turn into dust? Attack those worms," Mirov said angrily.

"Prepare the laser weapons at full strength." Kirubi determined to the first mate.

Merko's team was trying to dodge the shots and survive until they reached the desired spot, where their friends were waiting with the trap.

When Kirubi's ship was about to fire, the battlecruiser Star Hunter and the scout ships that had been waiting for the right moment to retaliate were already overflying the inhospitable eastern region that today corresponds to Siberia. Now, it was time to fire some rockets at Mirov's ship.

The villain's cruiser shook with the impact waves, and Captain Kirubi held himself as he could in his commanding seat. Clouds of sparks covered the skies. Mirov watched the enemy's action, his body tense with hatred. The desire to kill the enemy filled his heart.

"My revenge is coming. Nothing can fail!"

The Genesis spaceship bolted at high speed, releasing the attack robots and the other scout ships for the confrontation. It was time to let the armaments on the ground start the attack.

Commander Merko moved away with his ship in order to prepare for the imminent battle. From a transparent hatch, he watched the underground cannons rise, attacking the enemy's smaller spaceships as well as Mirov's own ship. The commander put on the special combat suit. Nicholas, as well as the others, presented himself dressed for battle. Tibor informed Merko that everything was ready for the attack, as planned.

Gathering the armament of the ship with that of the fortress they built, the enemy would have no chance.

Unexpectedly, a hologram appeared on Star Hunter's command bridge, opening a communication channel. Sivoc called Merko and Nicholas at the same instant. Tibor, who also received the message through the open channel, was open-mouthed with such a falsehood of the enemy.

"Captain Merko, what a pleasure to see you again. Your presence on this planet makes my life, you might say, more exciting." Mirov's wrinkled face, wrapped in a dark hood, appeared on the holographic screen.

"How dare you talk to us? Surrender now or be repelled, along with your crew. I'll take you one more time to prison."

"I don't see that much advantage in your combat forces. I think it'll be difficult to win this battle. Don't you know what's waiting for you, Commander? Death!"

"What do you want? I don't suppose you just want to show off."

"I want to propose a truce, for your own good."

Sivoc interrupted them, looking at Merko.

"Shall we stop the shots while we listen to what Mirov has to say, Captain?"

"Well thought, Sivoc. Stop the attack until second order."

"Attention, units on land and air... Cease fire, immediately. Wait on your posts!" Sivoc followed the command.