Damon sat forward, saying, "No way. Impossible. Way too Lon Chaney." He wrapped his hands around Echo's ankles.

"Is it?" Stefan asked, sending his brother a look.

Damon smirked and said, "I've been on this planet hundred-sixty-some odd years, and I've never come across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

"Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked, scrunching up his eyebrows. He had subconsciously started running his fingers through Echo's hair.

"Because vervain didn't affect the Mayor on Founder's Day but the Gilbert Device did," Damon said.

Echo nodded and said, "And it affected his son, Tyler."

"And at the school carnival, his Uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers," Stefan explained, "It suggests some sort of supernatural entity."

"We were hoping Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena said, sitting up straight.

Alaric shrugged and said, "Well, all of her things are still at Duke." He cleared his throat. "I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So, can we get access to it?" Damon asked.

Echo gazed up at Alaric, and said, "If you're uncomfortable with this, it's totally okay."

Echo noticed that Damon was about to say something out of the corner of her eye, and kicked him off the couch, again. She smirked at the raven-haired vampire before looking back up at Ric. "That being said, we need to know what we're dealing with.

Damon groaned, and said, "If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means that Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney, and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney Jr. Which means, Bela Lugosi- meaning me — is totally screwed."

"I don't know how to make a daywalking ring," Bonnie said, still getting over the shock of finding out Caroline was a vampire.

"Emily made mine," Stefan said from where he sat next to Echo. "She made Damon's too. The instructions must be in the grimoire."

"Doesn't mean I can cast the spell," Bonnie said, shaking her head.

Elena decided to speak up after seeing her sister's annoyed look, "Bonnie, you know how to drop vampires with a single look. If anyone can do this, it's you."

Bonnie sighed and looked between the sister's. "You two promise you will help her?"

Echo made a face and said, "I'm going to help her because I'm her friend, not as a promise so you can help her." She glared at the witch. "This is your fault, anyway. It's your fault because you didn't unspell the Gilbert device, which made Tyler crash. Damon gave her blood to make sure she didn't die because of that crash, and Katherine was then able to kill her with his blood in her system. And that's not forget that you agreed on Damon giving her, his blood in the first place," she snapped.

Shaking her head, she stood up. "And this is why I hate witches," she mumbled to herself before leaving.

ECHO walked into Caroline's room, holding up a ring, smiling. "I found the perfect one. It took me six hours, but I did it!"

"I love it," Caroline said with a smile as she looked at Echo with praise.

Echo smirked and winked at Caroline before looking over at Bonnie, asking, "Now what do we do?"