"What makes you think you can help?" I snap, not particularly caring about the hurt look on Merrily's face. Until it turns to mild anger.

"I was abused too you know?" she hisses angrily. "Just in case you forgot! I can help you!"

I feel a sneer creep onto my face. "Really? You think you've seen everything?" I hiss right back. "First, I murdered my own mother. Next, almost every single foster home I went to was abusive. First foster home beat me senseless. Did I run away that time? No, I didn't because that's what I thought I deserved; that's what I do deserve." Now I can feel tears beginning to prick at the edges of my eyes. "My second one raped me and beat me until I ran away and the police found me. My third foster mother tried to drown me because I couldn't swim. My fourth--" Here Merrily cut me off with a hug. She hugs me, like a really short grizzly bear. I hug her back her cherry sent greets my nose.

"I don't hate you at all." She mumbles into my shoulder. Her breathing hitches, what now? "Leo, this is going to sound seriously weird, but take off your shirt." Another scowl graces my face; I don't want her to see.

-----------------

Merrily POV

—————-

Oh, gods. I know the feeling of scars through the fabric. How could I have been this stupid?

"Why?" Leo shoots back. I know all of you think I'm a total creep, but trust me.

"Leo, I know what you are hiding. You've seen my scars, I'm not stupid." He winces at the mention of my scars.

"Whether I have scars or not is irrelevant," he frowns. "And my seeing your scars was by pure accident."

"Yes, but you saw them," I insist, placing my hands on my hips.

"Would you have shown me them willingly?" Leo's question catches me off guard as I realize he is right. I would never have otherwise shown him any of my scars. "That's what I thought."

"Listen, I just want to help," I plead. "Just let me help you."

"The best way for you to help is to let me leave my past behind." His voice takes on a persuasive tone, one that I've become familiar with spending time with Piper. Piper. Aphrodite. Oh, right.

"What is it?" Leo asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"How are we going to explain to Re--Seth--" I correct myself, "that he's a demigod?"

Leo bites his bottom lip and fiddles with the end of William's ratty T-shirt. "That's a good question." After Seth started glowing pink, nobody in my family besides my grandma noticed and she smartly did not say anything.

"I think we should tell him now," I muse.

"Dude, it's three in the morning."

"Exactly," I point out. "Now none of my family can eavesdrop. They're so nosy." Leo flashes me a grin. It made me feel better seeing him smile. I wouldn't tell anyone, but I was crying when I heard Leo throwing up. Now, watching Leo give me an impish grin, makes the world seem a little bit brighter.

Leo and I make our way to Seth's bedroom. I can see the light on under the door. I give it a light knock. After a few seconds, Seth's padded footsteps sound on the carpeted floor and the door creaks open.

"We want to talk to you about the pink thing." Wow. Way to soften the blow, Valdez.

"You know what happened?" Seth's voice cracks in surprise.

"Can we come in?" I ask gently. "It's a bit too open out here." Seth nods and invites us into his room. (insert description of room here)

I sit gingerly on the bed and take a deep breath. Leo stands awkwardly by me and Seth is situated on his pillows in a criss-cross applesauce position.