twenty nine

"Stop!" I yell, reaching out for Harry. He stands over Jackson, his eyes casted down to him. My chest is heaving, breathing so hard because of the fear that had taken over my body before.

"Try me one more time, Jackson. I fucking dare you," Harry grits, my eyes diverting to his hand. It's bloody, dripping on the ground.

Amelia stands in front of me; the two of us on opposing sides of the fight that had just occurred. I can tell she's angry, but I'm not sure if it's at me or that her man is inferior to mine.

Soon, I look back to Harry as he stands in his suit. We're the only four outside, thankful he waited until we were outside together to start this encounter. But I'm uneasy with how forceful and how harsh Harry was. He was trained to fight and trained to make people hurt, but that is a life he's left behind. I've been lucky to see him in his poetic and sweet personality, who he truly is. It's this side to him that is somewhat scary. It's unnatural to be so dominant like this.

"If you try to scare her or try to get back at me for doing what was once my job, then you're going to be in for a world of hurt," Harry warns, turning back to me. He takes my hand in with his clean one and we walk down the stairs.

"Harry," I rush, trying to get him to stop. He turns, facing me. I reach out to him and wrap my arms around his neck, his arms soon enveloping me in his.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that," he whispers in my ear, my head nodding. He just holds me, knowing I'm perfectly content with him despite the blood currently on his hand. I couldn't care less if it touches my dress, but in the back of my head, it fears me just how easily he can fight and take the other into submission.

"Please take me home," I whisper, not wanting to stay here any longer. He only nods and walks with me to his car, his hand opening the door for me. He helps me in and closes the door. Our drive home is fairly silent, but it's comfortable. He holds my hand in my lap, and I rub patterns along the back with my thumb.

He parks in front of my apartment building and I look over at him, his face looking torn. In fact, I'd lean more on the side of emotionless. It makes me sad to see him this way, but I know it's only in fear that he's done his old work in front of me. He beat someone up; something I'm sure he wanted to never do again.

"Will you come in with me?" I ask quietly, and it looks like I just snapped him out of deep thought.

"Yeah," he says, nodding his head. He's nervous about what I'm going to say, about what I think of what had just occurred. But he needn't worry, because no one has ever stood up for me like that.

We go up together, and I watch as he locks the door. It's an action that makes me smile because it's a protective thing to do.

"Let's go to the bathroom," I tell him, and he nods. He follows me and I turning to face him when we're in the small bathroom. I shut the door and he looks at me, my lips curving into a smile. It's at that moment he gives me a soft smile, my eyes so entranced by him.

"We have to get you clean somehow," I grin, resting my hands on his chest. His lips from into a smirk at my words and I lean up, pressing my lips to his. I slide my hands into his suitcoat and it falls to the floor. My dress follows, then his shirt, my panties, and his pants. The last thing removed is his boxers, then my back presses against the shower wall. My hands hold his cheeks as the warm water falls on us, our lips having yet to separate from each other's.

His hands move to my sides and I'm lifted up, his hard, tattooed body pressing against mine. I slide my legs around his waist, feeling his growing arousal against my bottom.

It isn't until we're out of the shower that we start to take things further. Our naked bodies press together under the sheets of my bed and I move to lay on top of him, his hands roaming my body as we kiss. Harry whispers a soft question of if he can touch me and I nod, continuing to kiss him as I part my legs over him. But he flips me onto my back and moves between my legs instead.

"This kind of touching, darling," he whispers on my lips with a soft smile. I reciprocate and grab his cheeks, continuing to kiss my lips.

He pulls up, maneuvering out of bed for a moment. I watch him in his naked form, a beautifully sculpted man searching through his pocket to find what I can only assume to be a condom. Upon his return, he splays kisses along the entirety of my body.

Then we're together. The feeling intensifies as Harry kisses me, my hands reaching and grabbing his face. But he stops moving, solely focusing on kissing me. My heart hammers in my chest, my hands feel his warm skin before they brush into the hair on the nape of his neck, and his torso begins to slowly set onto mine.

We're connected and so encased in each other; no other care in the world.

I pull away, suddenly feeling the urge to look in his eyes. My lips are swollen, parted as I bask in the feeling of being whole with him. I take in Harry's green eyes; the soft gaze focused on me. His lips are parted as well, darkened in color due to our kissing.

But it's looking at him that I make it known to myself just what I feel for him. I have fallen in love with the beautiful man in front of me. There is no other way to describe the feeling. I've never felt this before and the one feeling I've never encountered is love. I'm so completely in love with him.

Harry leans back down to continue the intimate affection, moving his body with mine. Our highs are so invigorating that we can't seem to keep our hands off each other. We have to be touching; his hands always placed somewhere on me at all times. I need to be looking at him.

I've chosen to keep my feelings to myself for now. Harry is not an open book, but I know he's very serious about what we share. Our relationship is very private, very intimate. We're all that matters to each other and there is no reason to publicize anything but the fact that we are together.

It's knowing that I can be with him completely and free that makes me know I'm safe. He's here after what we've been through together; learning each other's secrets and pasts making our relationship deeper than ever. We're strong together and I feel so complete when I am with him. It's unreal, but I'm so obsessed with the feeling I get with him.

It's his smile that shows me that he feels the same way.