Chapter 39

People say that it's their fate, their destiny- the reason why they are in the situation, in the places at the present time. They say that you cannot change what has already happened, what is already in the past and yet, we keep thinking about the what ifs.

Everywhere that Jungkook went, he could smell Taehyung's soothing, refreshing scent whether it was on the couch, the pillows or even the kitchen itself. It was like he was everywhere and why wouldn't he be? It was his house after all. The younger chuckled to himself at the thought and after much exploring of the house, he decided on waiting outside for the other guy to come, thinking that he would eventually be found and if not, then he would have to go inside himself and explain everything.

Taehyung's house must be really big, he thought because Jungkook still hadn't completely gone through the entire place, and he wouldn't do that unless the owner wants him too. But there was one thing that kept bugging him time and again.

He didn't see Mrs. Kim- Taehyung's mother anywhere during the entire time he had been here. There was a black Mercedes parked under the shed next to Jimin's car, and he clearly remembered that Taehyung's mom drove a white Mercedes instead of a black one. Where was she? How was she? How did she look?

"I thought you left." Someone said, a deep voice that made him whip his head back in shock, but instantly grin when he saw who it belonged to.

Taehyung stood leaning his body slightly at one of the pillars, eyebrow raised in question as he stared at the other and straightened up when the younger walked towards him and gently held his hand, pulling him towards where he had been previously sitting.

"I did a little exploring here and there."

"Uh huh, who are you? Dora the explorer?"

Jungkook scowled at the sarcastic remark and rolled his eyes before taking in a deep breath and the courage to actually do what he came for. Apologies.

"Is he still mad?" He asked, hesitantly referring to his Jimin hyung and looked at Taehyung for an answer who just shook his head.

"He's never mad. Him and I were both at fault there so it had to be talked out. That's that. Everything's fine and no one lost a limb."

"I'm glad you didn't lose a limb, else I would have to carry you to the alter," The younger smirked widely at the guy next to him, seeing the crimson blush taking over the perfectly tanned skin, even under the lamp shade behind them.

"But I wasn't talking about that. I meant with.. everything. Is he still angry? Like does he hate me that much?"

"He doesn't," Taehyung sighed, "he doesn't hate you, but what you did isn't something that could be forgiven with just an apology. Give him some time and perhaps an explanation too. He'll come around, you know how Jimin is."

Jungkook stared at him as he talked, so effortlessly telling him that his hyung would come around and forgive him some day, but he wasn't talking about himself. He needed Taehyung to forgive him too, at least take some sort of anger out on him, but here he was, actually trying to comfort him that his Jimin hyung would be back to normal one day.

That's the thing about Taehyung, comforting the people around him even when it's him who needs it the most.

"And what about you? Do you forgive me?" He asked, pulling a serious face and stared directly at Taehyung. He didn't seem taken aback with the sudden question because the eldest of them both knew very well that, that question was coming sooner or later towards him and he would have to answer that honestly.

"I don't. What I said about Jimin applies to me too. I can't just forgive you like that, it isn't easy. As much as I want to do that, it isn't."

"Then tell me what I should do, to make you believe that I really am sorry. That I really regret leaving you back then." The guy pleaded, turning his body to face Taehyung.