"You've met Katherine?" Echo asked before rolling her eyes. "Of course you did."

Isobel nodded and said, "She found me after I turned. Genetic curiosity, I suppose. She would be fascinated by you, Elena. But I can tell she would love Echo."

Echo rolled her eyes. "Well, I hate her, so..."

"Is that how you can walk in the day?" Elena asked, looking at the necklace around Isobel's neck.

The woman looked down at her necklace, saying, "Katherine helped me obtain it."

"Let's get to the fun questions," Echo said, leaning forward. "Who's our father?"

"Not important," Isobel said. "He was a teenage waste of space."

"Much like you?" Echo retorted. Isobel was the kind of vampire she hunts, so she wasn't feeling regret when the words left her mouth. "You can't just waltz in, ruin everyone's lives that they have fought to have e.i Ric who is actually an amazing person, better off without you." She scoffed. "And, to be honest, you shouldn't be surprised to be faced with anger. You're threatening innocent lives just to talk to people who dont give a shit about you. Like, come on."

Isobel smiled and said, "Katherine would definitely love you."

"I don't care. I want his name," Echo snapped, her eyes cold.

"You ask a lot of questions," Isobel stated, amused.

Elena shook her head, asking, "Why did you compel that man to kill himself right after he told us to stop looking for you?"

"Dramatic impact," Isobel said with a shrug. "Wish it would have been more effective."

"Human life means that little to you?" Elena asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Means nothing to me," Isobel said with a smile, "It's just part of being what I am."

The twins shook their heads, saying, "No. It's not."

"We know other vampires," Elena simply stated, shaking her head. "That's not true."

"You mean your boyfriend over there by the pool table?" Isobel asked, "Stefan Salvatore. Why Stefan? Why didn't you go for Damon? Or do you enjoy them both, like Katherine did?"

"Okay, listen here, you selfish bitch," Echo snarled, leaning forward, shocking Isobel. "Elena may look like Katherine, but she is not her. So, if you say anything rude or demeaning to me or my sister ever again, we are leaving. Now get to your point." She slammed her fist down on the table harshly.

"I'm curious about you two," Isobel said after a second as Elena held Echo's hand tightly, trying to keep her calm, "But the real reason is I want what your Uncle wants — Johnathan Gilbert's invention."

"How do you know our Uncle?"

"I used to spend a lot of time here when I was younger," Isobel explained. "John had a crush on me for years, he was the first one that told me about vampires."

"So, what made you want to be one?" Elena asked.

Isobel shrugged and said, "It's a very long list of reasons, Elena, all of which I'm sure you two have thought about." Elena shook her head and Isobel said, "That was your first lie. It's inevitable. You're gonna get old. Stefan won't. Forever doesn't last very long when you're human."

"We don't have what you're looking for," Echo told her before Elena stood. Isobel grabbed Elena's arm, saying, "Sit down and tell your boyfriend to walk away."

On instinct, Echo grabbed Isobel's arm, and bent it so far in the wrong angle, it snapped. Isobel let out an angered growl, grabbed Echo's arm, and gripped it so hard in the same spot John had, that it made Echo wince.